Possible Break-In At Lime Rock Leads To Crash, Injuries - UPDATE 2
Update 2: Connecticut police have sent over a statement.
Update: We’ve received a reply from Lime Rock Park’s Press, PR & Editorial Director, Rick Roso, detailing what happened last night. It is included below.
Police say several teens broke into Lime Rock Park on Wednesday night and crashed go-karts, injuring two teenagers. According to police, a 15-year-old girl was transported to a Hartford children’s hospital via helicopter and a 15-year-old boy was transported to a local hospital, both with non-life threatening injuries. Both teens are in stable condition.
In the area, multiple local news sources are reporting the crash.
Police were called out to the track around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
“CSP reports individuals broke into Limerock and were racing,” says a poster on a local fire department and EMS Facebook group.
Another poster on a racing forum said, “It appears at least two kids broke in, stole enduro karts from the infield autocross course, raced on the main course and crashed. Speculation is there’s spinal injuries involved.”
Lime Rock Park’s Press, PR & Editorial Director, Rick Roso, said in an email to TTAC, “Five teens, exact ages unknown, broke into Lime Rock Park, took five go-karts from a karting school which is scheduled to hold its programs Friday and Saturday, and drove them on the race track.
“At some point, two of the five kids crashed the go-karts near pit lane. We don’t know how 911 was notified.”
Jalopnik was in touch with Endurance Karting who confirmed their karts were the ones involved in the crash. From Endurance Karting:
1) There was an incident involving several of our karts.
2) The incident did not occur during an Endurance Karting sanctioned event. The sanctioned event is on Friday and Saturday.
3) The incident occurred while the Lime Rock Park facility was closed.
4) No one was authorized by Endurance Karting or Lime Rock Park to be operating a kart on the grounds at that time.
5) Those involved were not Endurance Karting customers, employees, or guests.
The extent of the injuries and number of people injured remains unknown at this time. Inquiries to Connecticut State Police were not immediately returned.
[h/t Chris Tonn]
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- ToolGuy CXXVIII comments?!?
- ToolGuy I did truck things with my truck this past week, twenty-odd miles from home (farther than usual). Recall that the interior bed space of my (modified) truck is 98" x 74". On the ride home yesterday the bed carried a 20 foot extension ladder (10 feet long, flagged 14 inches past the rear bumper), two other ladders, a smallish air compressor, a largish shop vac, three large bins, some materials, some scrap, and a slew of tool cases/bags. It was pretty full, is what I'm saying.The range of the Cybertruck would have been just fine. Nothing I carried had any substantial weight to it, in truck terms. The frunk would have been extremely useful (lock the tool cases there, out of the way of the Bed Stuff, away from prying eyes and grasping fingers -- you say I can charge my cordless tools there? bonus). Stainless steel plus no paint is a plus.Apparently the Cybertruck bed will be 78" long (but over 96" with the tailgate folded down) and 60-65" wide. And then Tesla promises "100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage — including the under-bed, frunk and sail pillars." Underbed storage requires the bed to be clear of other stuff, but bottom line everything would have fit, especially when we consider the second row of seats (tools and some materials out of the weather).Some days I was hauling mostly air on one leg of the trip. There were several store runs involved, some for 8-foot stock. One day I bummed a ride in a Roush Mustang. Three separate times other drivers tried to run into my truck (stainless steel panels, yes please). The fuel savings would be large enough for me to notice and to care.TL;DR: This truck would work for me, as a truck. Sample size = 1.
- Art Vandelay Dodge should bring this back. They could sell it as the classic classic classic model
- Surferjoe Still have a 2013 RDX, naturally aspirated V6, just can't get behind a 4 banger turbo.Also gloriously absent, ESS, lane departure warnings, etc.
- ToolGuy Is it a genuine Top Hand? Oh, I forgot, I don't care. 🙂
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.
If I did something like this, I'd just be grounded and stuck in the house for approximately two years. During that time, I'd receive some butt whoopins until I couldn't move (thus limiting my trouble making ability). Then when I could move again, I'd get another whoopin.