Los Angeles 2014: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Unmasked
Completing the Mazda trifecta of the all-new CX-3 and refreshed Mazda6 comes the revised CX-5.
The 2016 update gives the crossover a face updated for the times, LED accents, 19-inch wheels, and nine colors from which to paint your world. As for the interior, higher-quality materials, improved NVH and seating, and more places to store all the things are now available, as well as an electronic parking brake to keep things in place.
Under the hood, two engines deliver the power to the front or all four wheels: a 2-liter four-pot, and a 2.5-liter variant that is expected to save the driver from spending more at the pump than necessary.
Finally, the cyborgs in your life can enjoy the automaker’s Mazda Connect infotainment system, as well as the i-Activsense safety suite, which makes driving a little easier with features like radar-based cruise control and smart braking.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tassos Is there any reason you could not put the ACTUAL 348 mile number in the TITLE of the damned article, so I would not need to read the whole thing to find out?
- Tassos Honda is bleeding billions in order to keep this loser Acura alive.In the REST of the world, Identical vehicles to Acuras are just called HONDAS. Best example, the NSX! It was NEVER called an "acura" outside the US.
- Cprescott Very expensive all terrain golf cart.
- 56m65711446 ALL AEB systems should be tested using a SES executive from DoT as the test dummy.
- TheMrFreeze Wife and I bought just bought new (to us) daily drivers...both have manual transmissions and neither has any kind of "new" safety nanny technology in it. By choice. That's how we roll.
So, what are the nine colors? White, off-white, silver, silver 2, gray, dark gray, brownish gray, black, and red?
Why oh why doesn't Mazda provide a more powerful engine option for this and the 6 - diesel or turbo gas, something! The 2.5L in a fully loaded awd CX-5 felt totally gutless.