Ford Australia's FPV Builds Its Final V8 Interceptor
Though Ford Australia has yet to build its last vehicle, the subsidiary’s Ford Performance Vehicles unit has come to the end of the road with its final V8 interceptor.
Autoblog reports FPV’s swan song is the Falcon GT F 351, a limited edition of 500 for Australia and 50 for New Zealand augmented by a supercharged 5-liter V8 pushing 471 horsepower — or 351 kW, in honor of the 5.8-liter/351 cubic-inch V8 that powered the Falcon GTs of history — and 420 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels. The GT F comes with the handling package from the Falcon R-Spec, while Brembo brakes help bring the last FPV model to a stop.
On the outside, the limited-sedan Falcon features black racing stripes that run from the bonnet to the boot, along with black accents under the headlamps and throughout the rest of the sedan. Meanwhile, orange is the new black on the inside, finding its way onto seat stitching, instrument faces and the GT F logo.
In addition to the GT F, the unit — which is taking its final bow before the Mustang takes to the stage — is also building 120 Pursuit Utes with the same 5-liter V8, though it delivers 422 horses pulling 402 lb-ft of torque to the bed in the back instead of the sedan’s “fuel-injected suicide machine”-stopping firepower. No prices have been given for either limited-edition model.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Parkave231 Collector's Edition hood ornament or GTFO.
- Dave M. Once again Mustang remains solely on the throne. But obviously the day of the ponycar has long passed....
- Art Vandelay The car so nice they killed it…twice
- Ryan The hybrid EX model lists at about CAD$39,000 in Canada, including delivery charges. No Premium package is available for it here.
- Golden2husky A great driver's car let down by down right dangerous visibility - in any version. Had the Camaro had a qulity interior and acceptable visibility we'd have one in our driveway as my wife loves the way they look and drive.
Sorry, not the inceptor, that was a two door coupe and the "F" is for final. Mel Gibson drives eco friendly hybrids these days, doesn't he? The falcon slots in between the Mustang GT 5.0 and the Shelby 5.8 engine wise. So we in Australia will probably get the GT500 only with the supersnake as a halo car. So we gen Fiesta, Focus, (FWD) Mondeo (FWD, AWD possible) ....... Mustang GT500(RWD). Ranger, Everest (Ranger SUV). Losing the Falcon & Territory in the process. Ford USA gets to export a few more Mustangs and Thailand wins the world cup of Ford's one world! Perhaps it should be Ford (Thailand) with a North American and European division!
Yeah, Mel may drive a hybrid. But what does Steve Bisley (the Goose) drive? "Never write off The Goose until you see the box, going in the hole. Jimmy the Goose, larger than life and twice as ugly!"