Travel Back To 1967 As A Porsche Engineer Tackles The Ring In A Mercedes Sedan
A series of incredible photos have been unearthed, showing what is believed to be a Porsche engineer wringing out a Mercedes sedan on the Nurburgring.
Imgur user Rexhardwick writes that the photos are
“A set of kodachromes shot by a Porsche engineer as he took a mercedes sedan around the Nurburgring in 1967. Descriptions are transcribed directly from the notes on the original slides. I’ve acquired his life’s work as a photographer and I am looking for any information about this man.”
It’s startling to think that these photos were taken by hand while driving the ‘Ring, which was even more deadly in the pre-Lauda crash era than today. The changes and improvements made in the name of safety are evident in the sparseness of the track’s landscape, and the lack of familiar devices like Armco barrier and fencing.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Ronin They all will back off, because the consumer demand is not there. Even now the market is being artificially propped up by gov subsidies.
- Keith Some of us appreciate sharing these finds. Thank you. I always have liked these. It would a fun work car or just to bomb around in. Easy to keep running. Just get an ignition kill switch and you would have no worries leaving it somewhere. Those OEM size wheels and tires are comical. A Juke has bigger wheels!
- Ollicat I have a Spyder. The belt will last for many years or 60,000-80,000 miles. Not really a worry.
- Redapple2 Cadillac and racing. Boy those 2 go together dont they? What a joke. Up there with opening a coffee shop in NYC. EvilGM be clowning. Again.
- Jbltg Rear bench seat does not match the front buckets. What's up?