New York 2014: 2015 BMW M4 Convertible Unveiled
There was more than one high-performance convertible taking its top off at the 2014 New York Auto Show today, as the 2015 BMW M4 Convertible made its grand entrance among those attending.
The M4 boasts a retractable metal roof, perfect for deterring thieves so long as the roof is up and the thieves aren’t particularly motivated. Meanwhile, power comes from a twin-turbo 3-liter I6 driving 425 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque through either a single-clutch six-speed manual or optional M-DCT seven-speed dual-clutch automatic. Either option brings the M4 Convertible from nil to 60 in under 4.5 seconds.
As for weight and performance, BMW used aluminium and carbon fiber-reinforced plastic throughout its construction — from the fenders and hood, to the driveshaft and front strut brace — bringing the beast down 90 pounds to 4,055 for the U.S. market.
The M4 Convertible should arrive in showrooms this summer, though no word thus far on how much it will cost to do burnouts under the sun.
Wmba on Apr 16, 2014
4 thousand and 55 pounds even with weight-saving measures. BMW have given up completely and have decided to produce baubles, all the better to get fat and rich on. Not only that it has a Japanese style grille. Boo! I bet that scares youngsters telling ghost stories at summer camp.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Varezhka They cheapened out on the hardware side too, so we'll see how much they can improve with the software updates. I know they're using faster processors with some of their newer vehicles, but not sure how much faster.
- Varezhka I mentioned yesterday that I wasn't a fan of Mazda Connect v1.0 in MX-5. Now I count Mazda Connect v2.0 in Mazda3 as among my favorites. Clean, fast, and intuitive without being a distraction to driving.I also don't mind the v7 BMW i-Drive, though BMW also seem to go back and forth between quite good and quite messy between updates. I also liked the screen position better before they incorporated touch.
- EBFlex When you support socialism I guess it makes sense to support countries that are socialist.This is absolutely ridiculous though. The dementia-riddled, installed president won't allow drilling here and as recently as early November said "NO MORE DRILLING" ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2022/11/07/biden-promises-no-more-drilling-just-days-after-demanding-more-drilling/?sh=eeef4a578e7a )Why help people here and give them work when you can ship it off to Venezuela? Next, he will be advocating for giving jobs to China who are continuing to commit crimes against humanity (something the elf Fauci wishes he could do).This is insanity. We have tons of oil here. We should be drilling for it and aggressively building refining capacity to turn it into lovely, lovely gasoline and diesel.
- Kjhkjlhkjhkljh kljhjkhjklhkjh In the news : Rich people join forces to stay ultra rich and EFF poor people in all countries by dividing them against each other and killing them
- Kcflyer I'm curious if the elections in Venezuela take as long to call as the one's in the U.S. ? Too bad we don't have hundreds of years supply of petro right here in U.S. sigh.