I Don't Care About The Mercedes-Benz E63 Wagon Anymore
February 28th, 2014 5:15 PM Share
I’m known for dumping on wagons constantly, but I think it’s important to understand the difference between what I report on, and my own tastes. Take, for example, this car, the Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake.
This car is basically irrelevant. We’re not going to get it in North America. It will be sold in limited quantities in Europe, and nobody would actually buy it in any meaningful numbers here. From a business standpoint for North America, it’s a non-starter.
And I love it. Now that the E63 AMG is all-wheel drive, where else can you get a blown V8 putting down 550 horsepower in a station wagon body?
Published February 28th, 2014 5:15 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 85 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Art Vandelay I’d grab one of these if I’d spent my working life at GM for sure!
- Analoggrotto The factory is delayed due to an investigation of a peter puffery ring lead by VoGhost, Tassos, EBFlex a Chevrolet Volt.
- FreedMike Looking forward to the protests at the factory accusing Toyota of excessive woke-ism. First, EVs...next, grooming. Lord help us all.
- MrIcky I remember when Gladiators came out and everyone was shocked at how expensive they were. Now all the off road specials have caught up or passed it financially. I like this truck a lot, but I'd still take my Rubicon over this. I'd take this over the Ranger Raptor or Tacoma TRD though. When I found out the increase in track for the new TRD was just wheel offset-I knew they were just phoning it in. Why spend so much R&D on those stupid seats when you could have r&d'd longer arms or a front locker.
- Alan Hmm, I see a bit of politicking here. What qualifications do you need to run GM or Ford? I'd bet GM or Ford isn't run by experienced people. Anyone at that level in an organisation doesn't need to be a safety whip, you need to have the ability to organise those around you to deliver the required results.
I believe a proper shooting brake has 2 side doors and a tailgate/liftgate. This has too many doors to be a shooting brake.
Anywhere that people with money go to a mountain for fun and showing off you can find big dollar, big power (usually AWD) wagons. They sell. Not evenly everywhere, but they sell.