Junkyard Find: 1986 Nissan 200SX
November 26th, 2013 11:33 PM Share
The 240SX version of the Nissan Silvia has become something of a cult car among drifter types in the United States, but the earlier (1984-88) 200SX version seems to have disappeared from both the streets and the public consciousness. Still, I see the occasional 200SX in wrecking yards these days, and I spotted this red ’86 in a Denver yard last week.
So close to 200,000 miles!
Except for the odd checkerboard seat upholstery, Nissan kept the interior of this car fairly restrained by 1980s standards.
120 horses from the CA20E engine, which was acceptable power in 1986.
Rust-free, straight body, interior pretty good— a Supra of the same vintage and condition would have been worth enough to stay out of The Crusher’s domain.
#1980s #1986 #1986Nissan200SX #1986NissanSilvia #200SX #Datsun #Denver #DownOnTheJunkyard #Junkyard #JunkyardFind #Nissan #Silvia #Nissan200SX #NissanSilvia #S12
Published November 27th, 2013 9:00 AM
Join the conversation
4 of 22 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Probert For around $15 you can have a professional check important safety areas - seems like a bargain. It pointed to a rear brake problem on my motorcycle. It has probably saved a lot of lives. But, like going to a dentist, no-one could say it is something they look forward to. (Well maybe a few - it takes all kinds...)
- VoGhost ICE is so dangerous.
- Akear Back as early as 2014 Ford was building some pretty decent vehicles. The Ford Fusion was getting good reviews and selling around 300,000 annually. The Mark MKZ was also the top selling US luxury car at the time in sales. My Ford Fusion is approaching the 200,000 mile mark, while current Fords blow gaskets at 40,000 miles.
- Kjhkjlhkjhkljh kljhjkhjklhkjh yes ; required with non-federal legal penalties for deliberate violation https://imageio.forbes.com/blogs-images/trevornace/files/2015/12/smog-surrounds-beijing-1200x899.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
- 28-Cars-Later "Honda and Acura haven’t yet released an EV in the United States"Ok..."The 2024 ZDX rides on GM’s Ultium Platform and will feature Google built-in services. "Waht?
interesting the hideous nissan orange lettering on the switchgear.. i did not realize the recently used hideous orange instrument lighting was a carryover trait from this era.. i suspect this is a reflection of some folks back at hq who think this characteristic is somehow key to the brand identity... it is not.. and i am certain buyers have been repulsed by the color.. i have..
My first new(er) car was a black '84 notchback. With a 5-speed and a red interior it was a sharp ride! And yes - it had the nanny option (Fuel level...is low/Door is...ajar). She went to the digital graveyard after my stereo got yanked buy some dickweed. The only car I liked more was the car I traded it in on...a brand-new 1990 Integra GS coupe. I wish I had either of them today! Well...those and my '70 Challenger. Or my '68 Chevelle. Or my '67 Coronet. Dammit.