Vehicular Teasbian: Kate Upton Doesn't Drive
February 15th, 2013 10:06 AM Share
Kate Upton was hoped to be Michigan’s hottest export, but she sold her big-breasted soul to Mercedes. Turns out, she doesn’t like cars. She prefers a horse.
Kate’s career at Mercedes started at a car wash. Then she had a supporting role in a Mercedes CLA spot aired during the Superbowl. Both videos quickly dispelled worries by TTAC’s resident market analysts that the CLA might be the wrong car at the wrong price, and a death to the brand. The power of big chested blondes.
According to the Detroit News, the “Super Bowl commercial and an online-only teaser video with Michigan model Kate Upton had boosted the luxury automaker’s appeal with younger consumers.”
Published February 15th, 2013 10:06 AM
Join the conversation
3 of 16 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Art Vandelay Dodge should bring this back. They could sell it as the classic classic classic model
- Surferjoe Still have a 2013 RDX, naturally aspirated V6, just can't get behind a 4 banger turbo.Also gloriously absent, ESS, lane departure warnings, etc.
- ToolGuy Is it a genuine Top Hand? Oh, I forgot, I don't care. 🙂
- ToolGuy I did truck things with my truck this past week, twenty-odd miles from home (farther than usual). Recall that the interior bed space of my (modified) truck is 98" x 74". On the ride home yesterday the bed carried a 20 foot extension ladder (10 feet long, flagged 14 inches past the rear bumper), two other ladders, a smallish air compressor, a largish shop vac, three large bins, some materials, some scrap, and a slew of tool cases/bags. It was pretty full, is what I'm saying.The range of the Cybertruck would have been just fine. Nothing I carried had any substantial weight to it, in truck terms. The frunk would have been extremely useful (lock the tool cases there, out of the way of the Bed Stuff, away from prying eyes and grasping fingers -- you say I can charge my cordless tools there? bonus). Stainless steel plus no paint is a plus.Apparently the Cybertruck bed will be 78" long (but over 96" with the tailgate folded down) and 60-65" wide. And then Tesla promises "100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage — including the under-bed, frunk and sail pillars." Underbed storage requires the bed to be clear of other stuff, but bottom line everything would have fit, especially when we consider the second row of seats (tools and some materials out of the weather).Some days I was hauling mostly air on one leg of the trip. There were several store runs involved, some for 8-foot stock. One day I bummed a ride in a Roush Mustang. Three separate times other drivers tried to run into my truck (stainless steel panels, yes please). The fuel savings would be large enough for me to notice and to care.TL;DR: This truck would work for me, as a truck. Sample size = 1.
- Ed That has to be a joke.
As a long time horse rider and owner, I have noticed that the majority of horse people are women and they tend to be better looking, more intelligent and better educated than average. Makes me wonder why so few guys ride.
Ray Wert hooked up with Kate during the Detroit auto show. I spoke with Ray's mother and she said Ray is still being treated for the nasty case of Dongfeng he contracted.