December and Full Year 2012 Sales Table
January 4th, 2013 5:44 AM Share
“Detroit’s automakers showed December U.S. sales gains of 5 percent, slightly better than analysts’ expectations,” says Reuters, “but likely not enough to stave off market-share gains by Japanese rivals.”
And here December and full year 2012 sales results in an easy to read table, data courtesy of Automotive News [sub ].
.AutomakerDec. 2012Dec. 2011Pct. chng.12 month
2011Pct. chng.BMW Group43,88732,57635%347,967305,78014% BMW division37,39926,83439%281,460247,90714% Mini6,4565,71113%66,12357,51115% Rolls-Royce32313%3843626%BMW Group43,88732,57635%347,967305,78014%Chrysler Group152,367138,01910%1,651,7871,369,11421% Chrysler Division25,51323,9746%307,967221,34639% Dodge52,39141,54826%524,989451,04016% Dodge/Ram83,27668,14322%825,917708,65017% Fiat3,7072,32559%43,77219,769121% Jeep39,87143,577–9%474,131419,34913% Ram30,88526,59516%300,928257,61017%Chrysler Group152,367138,01910%1,651,7871,369,11421%Daimler AG31,37728,01012%305,072267,01614% Maybach5425%503928% Mercedes-Benz30,37627,29611%295,013261,76913% Smart USA99671040%10,0095,20892%Daimler AG31,37728,01012%305,072267,01614%Ford Motor Co.212,902209,4472%2,243,0092,143,1015% Ford division205,518201,0442%2,160,8592,057,2105% Lincoln7,3848,403–12%82,15085,643–4% Mercury–––%–248–100%Ford212,902209,4472%2,243,0092,143,1015%General Motors245,733234,3515%2,595,7172,503,7974% Buick16,47314,97410%180,408177,6332% Cadillac18,24816,25912%149,782152,389–2% Chevrolet167,091161,1584%1,851,6461,775,8024% GMC43,92141,9605%413,881397,9734%General Motors245,733234,3515%2,595,7172,503,7974%Honda (American)132,774105,23026%1,422,7851,147,28524% Acura16,03413,12922%156,216123,29927% Honda Division116,74092,10127%1,266,5691,023,98624%Honda (American)132,774105,23026%1,422,7851,147,28524%Hyundai Group98,61394,1555%1,260,6061,131,18311% Hyundai division59,43550,76517%703,007645,6919% Kia39,17843,390–10%557,599485,49215%Hyundai Group98,61394,1555%1,260,6061,131,18311%Jaguar Land Rover6,2235,8806%55,67550,37511% Jaguar1,0491,137–8%12,01112,276–2% Land Rover5,1744,7439%43,66438,09915%Jaguar Land Rover6,2235,8806%55,67550,37511%Maserati33323840%2,7302,32118%Maserati33323840%2,7302,32118%Mazda27,25322,35322%277,046250,42611%Mazda27,25322,35322%277,046250,42611%Mitsubishi4,1135,032–18%57,79079,020–27%Mitsubishi4,1135,032–18%57,79079,020–27%Nissan99,290100,927–2%1,141,6561,042,53410% Infiniti12,62710,99015%119,87798,46122% Nissan Division86,66389,937–4%1,021,779944,0738%Nissan99,290100,927–2%1,141,6561,042,53410%Saab Cars North America–270–100%–5,610–100%Saab–270–100%–5,610–100%Subaru36,65333,7019%336,441266,98926%Subaru36,65333,7019%336,441266,98926%Suzuki1,9452,565–24%25,35726,618–5%Suzuki1,9452,565–24%25,35726,618–5%Toyota194,143178,1319%2,082,5041,644,66027% Lexus30,60725,35521%244,166198,55223% Scion5,5224,15933%73,50549,27149% Toyota division158,014148,6176%1,764,8331,396,83726% Toyota/Scion163,536152,7767%1,838,3381,446,10827%Toyota194,143178,1319%2,082,5041,644,66027%Volkswagen62,07547,33731%615,281473,20330% Audi14,84112,65517%139,310117,56119% Bentley237317–25%2,3151,87723% Lamborghini402938%48034041% Porsche2,9521,83461%35,04329,02321% VW division44,00532,50235%438,133324,40235%Volkswagen62,07547,33731%615,281473,20330%Volvo Cars NA6,1505,34215%68,11767,2401%Volvo Cars NA6,1505,34215%68,11767,2401% Other (estimate)2392294%2,8582,7355%TOTAL1,356,0701,243,7939%14,492,39812,779,00713%VW, BMW, Honda lead gainers
#AmericaInDecember2012 #BertelSchmitt #December2012 #Sales #SalesDecember2012
Published January 3rd, 2013 12:06 PM
Join the conversation
4 of 39 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Art Vandelay Pour one out for the Motors Liquidation Corporation
- Bill Wade Norm, while true I'll leave you with this. My 2023 RAM is running Android 8 released in 2017.My wife's navigation on her GM truck is a 2021 release, I believe the latest. Android Auto seems to update very week or two. Now, which would you rather have? Anybody with a car a couple of years old NEVER sees any updates. Heck, if your TV is a few years old it's dead on updates. At least cell phones are rapidly updated. If your old phone won't update, buy another $200 phone. If your GM vehicle doesn't update do what, buy another $50,000 GM vehicle?
- Lou_BC Once again, Mustang is the last pony car standing. Camaro RIP, Challenger RIP.
- FreedMike Next up should DEFINITELY be the Cadillac Eldorado. On the subject of Caddies, I saw a Lyriq in person for the first time a couple of days ago, and I'm changing my tune on its' styling. In person, it works quite well, and the interior is very nicely executed.
- Probert Sorry to disappoint: https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/tesla-model-y-worlds-best-selling-vehicle-1234848318/and any list. of articles with a 1 second google search. It's a tough world out there - but you can do it!!!!!!
Watching Mitsubishi slowly fade away. :-(
I've seen a couple of other sites reporting Ford sales figures of 2,168,015 for 2012. Which numbers are correct? Any idea where the discrepancy is from?