2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: Worthy Of The Name?
January 13th, 2013 7:15 PM Share
Chevy’s revived both the LT1 and the Stingray name for the C7 Vette. Apparently it’s got a better power/weight ratio than the Porsche 911 or Audi R8, though GM didn’t say what the car weighs. Personally, I think the C6 is gorgeous, so I’ll have to reserve judgement until I see this thing in the flesh tomorrow. Right now, I’m not so sure I’d take this one over a C6, crappy interior and all…
Among the key features:
-5 Driving modes including “Eco”
– A 7-speed manual with skip shift and active rev matching
– A digital display
-Lots more carbon fiber
Published January 13th, 2013 7:12 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 176 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Chuck Norton And guys are having wide spread issues with the 10 speed transmission with the HP numbers out of the factory......
- Zerofoo "Hyundais just got better and better during the 1990s, though, and memories of those shoddy Excels faded."Never. A friend had an early 90s Hyundai Excel as his college beater. One day he decided that the last tank of gas he bought was worth more than the car. He drove it to empty and then he and his fraternity brothers pushed it into the woods and left it there.
- Kwik_Shift There are no new Renegades for sale within my geographic circle of up to 85 kms. Looks like the artificial shortage game. They bring one in, 10 buyers line up for it, $10,000 over MSRP. Yeah. Like with a lot of new cars.
- Ribbedroof In Oklahoma, no less!
- Ribbedroof Have one in the shop for minor front collision repairs right now,I've seen more of these in the comments than in the 30 years I've been in collision repair.
Not a GM fan, but this car is stunning. I'm probably from a (slightly) younger demographic at 29, but I feel like this car has just the right styling to grab attention (in a good way - not like the Azteks or Jukes of the world).
So GM makes the Tiburon now? That's cool, that's cool...