Ed And BS Meet For Cars And Coffee
Each Saturday morning, at a somewhat ungodly hour, drivers of always beautiful and often rare cars congregate on Mazda’s parking lot in Irvine, CA.
The gathering is called “Cars and Coffee.” The cars are free to look at, the (strong) coffee does not cost much.
Ed Niedermeyer & I went there today, the early hour (and Ed’s hangover) be damned
Whether classics, exotics, concepts, hotrods, or race cars, Cars and Coffee is the place to be admired, to swap stories and to subtly make your car available for sale.
The area is an historic battleground of the car business. The building was the headquarters of Ford’s Premier Automotive Group, the umbrella organization of Volvo, Aston Martin and Jaguar. Now, it is the home of Taco Bell.
Not all cars at Cars and Coffee are antique. We spotted a brand-new “hachi-roku” Scion FR-S with press fleet tags. Ed considered trading in his BMW for a new BRZ.
“Look,” shouts Ed, “jack has one just like that.”
This E-Type reminds us of a bygone era.
And some engine porn.
You don’t need to have a hot rod to be a star at Cars and Coffee.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Art Vandelay I’d grab one of these if I’d spent my working life at GM for sure!
- Analoggrotto The factory is delayed due to an investigation of a peter puffery ring lead by VoGhost, Tassos, EBFlex a Chevrolet Volt.
- FreedMike Looking forward to the protests at the factory accusing Toyota of excessive woke-ism. First, EVs...next, grooming. Lord help us all.
- MrIcky I remember when Gladiators came out and everyone was shocked at how expensive they were. Now all the off road specials have caught up or passed it financially. I like this truck a lot, but I'd still take my Rubicon over this. I'd take this over the Ranger Raptor or Tacoma TRD though. When I found out the increase in track for the new TRD was just wheel offset-I knew they were just phoning it in. Why spend so much R&D on those stupid seats when you could have r&d'd longer arms or a front locker.
- Alan Hmm, I see a bit of politicking here. What qualifications do you need to run GM or Ford? I'd bet GM or Ford isn't run by experienced people. Anyone at that level in an organisation doesn't need to be a safety whip, you need to have the ability to organise those around you to deliver the required results.
This is indeed the event formerly held at Crystal Cove. I've lived in Irvine since 1996 and am truly ashamed for having attended C&C only twice. Had I known that the TTAC powers that be would be in attendance yesterday, I'd have set the alarm!
C&C Dallas is great!!!! My son made me take him and it is a great event. Nice folk and slammin cars. Good times.