China's Drivers Stick It To The Police
In the alleged police state China, speeders are not hunted down by testosterone-driven cops. Hey get fined through the mail. A system the Chinese have copied from Europe. Some Chinese have taken to using a little camouflage.
Some drivers use toothpaste. This lady used a sanitary napkin on her Mini. It did not take long for this trend to be commercialized in utterly capitalist China. Carnewschina reports the emergence of license-plate-number stickers that subtly and surreptitiously alter the original.
The stickers can be bought at car markets for as little as 5 yuan (80 cents U.S.) each. The standard traffic-fine in China is a modest 200 yuan ($32). The penalty for using the stickers however can be more painful: Up to 15 days in (an, ouch, Chinese) jail, 1800 yuan fine, and the driver’s driving license will be revoked.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- DenverMike Column shifter in all trims? Thank god someone is listening. The console shifter is just the stupidest thing ever. Frick just make the whole area useful utility. Luxury means something different in trucks. Definitely removable and I’ll make my own work station.
- Joh65689020 1. Drape/ Masking-tape paint.2. Blue Coral (or any brand) chrome polish on PowerBall with cordless drill-driver.3. Buff lightly with microfiber towel to crystal clear finish.
- Bullnuke "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" - Gold Hat
- DenverMike They seriously want to kill the auto industry.
- Inside Looking Out I have a feeling that retracting headlights were designed by VW.