Fake In China: The Suzuki Alto Gets An Identical Twin
March 7th, 2012 9:13 AM Share
The Chinese auto press now routinely whacks the innovation by replication that is still prevalent in the Chinese car industry. An egregious case: Zoyte copied the Suzuki Alto nearly 1:1 for the Zoyte Z100, which is expected to debut at the Beijing Auto Show in April. Nevertheless, an unrepentant Zoyte was caught by Carnewschina testing the new Z100 side-by-side with the Alto (top. The cars are not being tested on ice. It is an attempt to obscure the location where the pictures were taken.)
This is an earlier spy shot of the Z100. The car is expected to cost between 30.000 and 35.000 yuan ($4,750 and $5,550.)
This is the Suzuki Alto as made in China by Chang’an-Suzuki. It starts at 45.000 yuan ($7,130.)
Published March 7th, 2012 9:13 AM
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Lou_BC Once again, Mustang is the last pony car standing. Camaro RIP, Challenger RIP.
- FreedMike Next up should DEFINITELY be the Cadillac Eldorado. On the subject of Caddies, I saw a Lyriq in person for the first time a couple of days ago, and I'm changing my tune on its' styling. In person, it works quite well, and the interior is very nicely executed.
- Probert Sorry to disappoint: https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/tesla-model-y-worlds-best-selling-vehicle-1234848318/and any list. of articles with a 1 second google search. It's a tough world out there - but you can do it!!!!!!
- ToolGuy "We're marking the anniversary of the time Robert Farago started the GM death watch and called for the company to die."• No, we aren't. Robert Farago wrote that in April 2005. It was reposted in 2009 on the eve of the actual bankruptcy filing.The byline dates are sometimes strange/off with the site revisions (and the 'this is a repost' note got lost), but the date string in the link is correct (...2005/04...). Posting about GM bankruptcy in 2005 was a slightly more difficult call than doing it in 2009.-- The Truth About Calendars
- Kat Laneaux Agree with Michael500, we wasted all that money just to bail out GM and they are developing these cars in China and other countries. What the heck. I understand the cheap labor but that is just another foothold the government has on their citizens and they already treat them like crap. That is pretty disgusting to go forward to put other peoples health and mental stability on a crazy crazed, control freak, leader, who is in bed with Russia. Thought about getting a buick but that just shot that one out of the park. All of this for the greed. They get what they lay in bed with. Disgusting.
The Suzuki Alto is already pretty cheap, I would've thought that is less of a case for making cheap substitutes here. http://cars.adzuna.co.uk/search?what_c=suzuki+alto&where_c=UK
Not sure how I'm supposed to feel, since nothing anyone says or does will do much to change the Chinese lack of regard for IP. Disappointment, in that the people who discovered gunpowder can't do any better? Bemusement, in that foreign companies can't help but give away their tech?