And The Winner Is…
January 1st, 2011 3:06 AM Share
Yes, somehow a Ford Probe— one of the least reliable cars in 24 Hours of LeMons history— has taken the overall win at a 24 Hours of LeMons race. Not only that, the BoomPowSurprise Probe won by a commanding 32-lap margin, meaning the car could have nuked its engine with nearly an hour to go and still won.
Speaking of nuked engines, here’s what the BoomPowSurprise Probe looked like the last time it was leading a LeMons race. Note the flames under the car. We’ve seen this car in a half-dozen or so events, and we’ve seen it throw rods in just about every one of them. Not this weekend! Congratulations, Team BoomPow Surprise!
#24HoursOfLeMons #24HoursOfLeMonsMiami #Ford #FordProbe #Mazda #Probe #Racing
Published January 1st, 2011 3:05 AM
Join the conversation
4 of 5 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Art Vandelay It is a shame, this is the perfect sort of vehicle for EBFlex and Tassos to puff each other's peters in but as it is electric, EBFlex will miss out. Sad
- Art Vandelay Coming to a rental lot near you. And when it does know there is a good chance EBFlex and Tassos have puffed each other's peters in it!
- Art Vandelay I doubt there is even room for EBFlex and Tassos to puff each other's peters in that POS
- Art Vandelay The lack of side windows is a boon for EBFlex and Tassos as nobody can see them puffing each other's peters back there!
- Art Vandelay They all have sunroofs which is good for EBFlex and Tassos...one can stand and hang out the roof while the other puffs his peter
I'm happy to see one win as well since I still own one. Not so happy to think my pristine example could someday end up looking like that. I am curious as to why they have had, until now, such a poor record at LeMons. Th six spins willingly to 7K and the boards are not full of engine issues, other than oil sealing...
As a former Probe GT dirt track racer and multiple feature winner, I approve of this win! Congrats, fellas. You have been tough competitors and have suffered hard luck for a while now. Glad to see you win one!