Curbside Classic Outtake: The Capitalist And The Communist
April 18th, 2010 12:58 PM Share
Since one of the the themes today seems to be around old Ford trucks, with a minor in Communism, I present to you the living proof that Ford and Lenin did meet.
If politics is not your thing this beautiful Sunday morning, then maybe a more random curbside shot is:
Published April 18th, 2010 12:58 PM
Join the conversation
4 of 48 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Art Vandelay Dodge should bring this back. They could sell it as the classic classic classic model
- Surferjoe Still have a 2013 RDX, naturally aspirated V6, just can't get behind a 4 banger turbo.Also gloriously absent, ESS, lane departure warnings, etc.
- ToolGuy Is it a genuine Top Hand? Oh, I forgot, I don't care. 🙂
- ToolGuy I did truck things with my truck this past week, twenty-odd miles from home (farther than usual). Recall that the interior bed space of my (modified) truck is 98" x 74". On the ride home yesterday the bed carried a 20 foot extension ladder (10 feet long, flagged 14 inches past the rear bumper), two other ladders, a smallish air compressor, a largish shop vac, three large bins, some materials, some scrap, and a slew of tool cases/bags. It was pretty full, is what I'm saying.The range of the Cybertruck would have been just fine. Nothing I carried had any substantial weight to it, in truck terms. The frunk would have been extremely useful (lock the tool cases there, out of the way of the Bed Stuff, away from prying eyes and grasping fingers -- you say I can charge my cordless tools there? bonus). Stainless steel plus no paint is a plus.Apparently the Cybertruck bed will be 78" long (but over 96" with the tailgate folded down) and 60-65" wide. And then Tesla promises "100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage — including the under-bed, frunk and sail pillars." Underbed storage requires the bed to be clear of other stuff, but bottom line everything would have fit, especially when we consider the second row of seats (tools and some materials out of the weather).Some days I was hauling mostly air on one leg of the trip. There were several store runs involved, some for 8-foot stock. One day I bummed a ride in a Roush Mustang. Three separate times other drivers tried to run into my truck (stainless steel panels, yes please). The fuel savings would be large enough for me to notice and to care.TL;DR: This truck would work for me, as a truck. Sample size = 1.
- Ed That has to be a joke.
Ah c'mon General Malaise...you can say all kinds of poisonous things about the Current Occupant or you *could* give him the respect of his office while making some clean-cut valid rational arguments. So Obama plays golf and basketball, much as Bush rode a mountain bike and cleared brush on his ranch. So what? More to the point, Bush spent 879 days on his ranch, breaking even Reagan's record for vacationing and he was at the ranch: a) at the tail end of a month-long vacation when Katrina roared ashore in New Orleans. He was told the levies might not hold and did nothing. Then, when *everything* came unglued, he....did next to nothing ("Hell of a job, Brownie!"). He did indeed prove that government was the problem (incompetent gov't) but it wasn't the government that got drowned in the bathtub(ala Norquist) but the city of New Orleans b) in the August before 9/11, when the CIA director Tenet and Richard Clarke (the chief counter-terrorism adviser on the National Security Council) had their pants on fire about intelligence on a major planned assault on America by terrorist, Bush couldn't be bothered. Flat out, Bush was incompetent and disengaged except for his enthusiasms like the War in Iraq (no WMDs found and the Middle East is *much* more unstable now). I have issues with Obama, too: like the continued warrentless surveillance of America phone and Internet traffic. He like unlimited power too. As for Obama not going to the Polish President's funeral, GM...you might have noticed that flights across the Atlantic and Europe have been suspended due to atmospheric volcanic dust. That was the reason Obama gave for not going to funeral when he called Poland's acting President. Could we stick to the facts and reason and leave the mud-slinging out? And I have to say (dragging us back to TTAC territory)....I don't care much for the Cadillac limos Obama travels in...think Bush's Suburbans had more class.
Strike the term "moron", should have left it at "seriously mistaken"... my apologies.