Skoda Shows Refreshed Octavia; Still Looks Better Than Jetta
For the Paris Auto Show and 2009 model year, Volkswagen subsidiary Skoda has updated its Jetta-based Octavia sedan. The refreshed car gets new headlights and tail lights; engineering changes are unlikely, even though this generation was introduced in 2004. This means it continues to be much cooler than the Jetta, by being cheaper (though having tragically bad resale value), offering the same engines and transmissions, and coming only in 5-door hatch and wagon configurations. I have argued for a news-cycle-eternity that VW should be selling the Octavia in the US with a VW logo right on the grill. This won’t happen, first and foremost because Volkswagen hates freedom and liberty. But also because … I’m not sure why. Have a look at the refreshed Octavia, and here’s to hoping the next gen Jetta (probably out in about a year) looks better than the current Corolla wannabe.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tassos Even when new, these were tiny, worthless, unsafe, unstable pieces of JUNKTO ask.. $7,200 (don't forget the $200) for this utterly worthless 38 year old rustbucket is a testament to what a total fool must one be to be buying any car today. My advise to all of you who are eager to buy anything today is W A I T. Wait two years. Keep what you have, it could not possibly be worse than this worthless piece of excrement.Oh, and BTW,, I DID drive this worthless thing, had to rent it on a 5 day vacation on an island in the Mediterranean. So don't tell me I don't know it.
- Mcc65704141 Looks like another unwanted four door
- 28-Cars-Later Nice Tundra silhouette.
- Jkross22 Ha, I didn't know the Crown is a replacement for the Avalon. I thought it was an ICE alternative to the Polestar 2.
- CoastieLenn They absolutely should.
I like it...
I like it... Can I get one directly from the factory and skip the whole VWoA dealer network please?