Bailout Watch 68: Yes But No
Joeaverage on Sep 26, 2008
Hey, take that $700B to the private citizen. Using the gov't to carefully dole it out to conquer consumer debt first, mortgages second (unless the person is in danger of losing their house) and only for debt that existed as of June 2008 with $25K per household would go a long way. I mean if we are transferring wealth, why not to the little guy and let that trickle UP to the rich guys instead of the trickle down economics they go on and on about.
Hal on Sep 27, 2008
@no slushbox: even a broken watch is right twice a day... So far as I can tell southern politics = pork barrel politics. I'm not surprised southern republicans are opposed to bailouts for MI or NY based industries. When its subsidies for tobacco plants, cotton plants or german car plants it's a different story.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- EBFlex "I've only filled the gas tank three times in 2500 miles"Assuming you went from 0 gallons to full (17.2), you have averaged almost 50MPG over those 2500 miles. 50 MPG in a Jeep Wrangler. To all of you EV nut jobs, tell me again how PHEVs are not the absolute best thing to happen to automobiles since the wheel. And tell me how they don't make EVs look like the awful play toys that they are.
- MRF 95 T-Bird The Buick 215/3.5-liter aluminum V8 was one of GMs great engines. Unfortunately GM being GM in one of their greatest mistakes was selling off the tooling to BL. If they kept it around and improved upon it it would have been a fine motor for their compacts and midsize models through the OPEC oil crisis.
- Chris P Bacon Not sure why a '21 is getting reviewed, because there have been improvements to the 4xe. I've got a '22 4xe Sahara. May 2022 build in High-Velocity yellow with a soft top. As soon as it was announced I knew I wanted to try it, not for the fuel mileage, but for the technology. I don't have a Level 2 charger, it charges fully overnight on the included Level 1. I see an indicated range of 27 miles regularly. Today it indicated 29 when I unplugged. I've only filled the gas tank three times in 2500 miles, a full charge costs me about $3 based on my current electricity supplier. I don't experience the rough transitions between electric and gas, so maybe Jeep figured it out? It's stupid fast when using all the power off the line. So much so that it will break the rear wheels loose when you stomp on it. I agree that plugin hybrids are the future. I see no need for a pure electric. This is the way to go.
- RHD The word B R O N C O written in contrasting paint on the dashboard is quite unnecessary. The passenger certainly knows what kind of vehicle he or she is in. That detail is a big fail. The red and white Bronco looks great, especially with tires that have honest-to-goodness sidewalls on them.
- Luke42 Aren't those trim levels just different colors of paint?That's what they sound like, at least. 🤷♂️