Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tassos Neons, new, used, or junk like this one, were the right car to own if you wanted it advertised what a lame loser you were.
- Damage My mother had a 78 with the FI motor. If you wound it out in first (not that she ever did) it would reward you with just a little tickle of torque steer. It was pretty reliable until water leaks from below the windshield found the fuse block. Once that was fixed, it was good for several more years. Eventually it got rusty and was sideswiped by a snowplow, and she sold it to my coworker who got several more years out of it. She traded it for a Mk2 Jetta, which was a fun little car. I don't miss the Rabbit but I'd love to find a clean Jetta again.
- Tassos in the same league as Tim's so-called "used deathtrap of the day" today.Both emiently junkworthy,
- 3SpeedAutomatic IIRC, the Deutschmark has appreciated significantly against the US dollar in the mid 70’s due to Nixon taking the US off the gold standard. VW was looking at any angle to reduce costs (cheap interior, broken door cranks, crappy carburetors) to hold the prices in line. That’s why it opened the US assembly plant. Yet, it alienated its clientele by Americanizing the Rabbit. To me, it never recovered in the US from the cost cutting and Americanized vehicles. I have never entertained the notion of buying a VW since.
- Tassos worthless pile of crap econobox. THe bottom of the barrel, and 20 years old.I'd take $100 to drive it to the junkyard.Tim goes back to his old ways...