If I’ve learned anything from Steph Willems, its that choosing the correct subject matter is half the battle in setting-up a solid Freaky Friday post. This one checks all the important boxes: young love, restraining orders, celebrity involvement, grand theft auto, gambling, expensive automobiles, and a curse-laden freakout ending in arrest.
Conrad Hilton, the 23-year-old brother of professional … uh, celebrity (I guess) … Paris Hilton, was charged with felony auto theft this week after allegedly stealing a Bentley Continental over the weekend. He was picked up by police in front of the Hollywood Hills home of his ex-girlfriend, Hunter Salomon, who had previously issued a restraining order against him.
The stolen Bentley belonged to Hunter’s father, Rick Salomon. If that name sounds familiar, he’s the man that won $2.8 million in the World Series of Poker in 2014, made a sex-tape with Paris in 2003, sued the Hilton family for deformation, and then began distributing the video himself a year later.
Maybe there is common sense to be found in California.
A driver who was charged for driving under the influence — even though a blood test revealed only caffeine — won’t have to enter a courtroom to plead his innocence. That, a gas station attendant takes the Florida Woman meme and runs with it (into another woman’s car), and Canadian heavy truck drivers just refuse to lower their beds while on the highway.
There lived a certain man
In Russia not long ago…
Seemingly ordinary Russian men are prone to incredible — even Herculean — feats of strength and endurance, but the world didn’t know this until cheap dash cams became available in the Motherland. Watch as one truck (or SUV, we can’t tell) challenges its owner to a race.
That, an impromptu pants change leads to disaster in Vermont, and what to do if you spot a police officer driving your stolen Nissan, all after the break.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys par for the course teething pains. makes me wonder what it was like 100+ years ago trying it with lead acid at the time. steam cars were also a thing back then :)
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys people vote with their dollars. im not giving any to a jew hating aspie with a pube beard :)
- Astigmatism As someone with the means, the home charger, and an EV already in the household: God, no. If I wanted an electric truck, would get the Rivian over this thing eleven times out of ten. Even leaving Musk's personality aside, the Cyber Truck is the automotive equivalent of $1000 designer sneakers - they just make you look like an insecure jerkwad.
- Marty S This is the same wagon that Queen Elizabeth drove, and was recently auctioned. The wagon (sportbrake) came late to the X-Type and was very good looking and certainly nice with AWD. Unfortunately Jag gave up on the X-type shortly thereafter. The XE, which came years later, was a very different car, and more of a Jaguar, with a supercharged V-6.Jag has now decided to abandon all the ICE vehicles and go totally electric at a much higher price point starting in 2025. They also closed many dealerships. Considering the current sales resistance to EV's now happening (even Mercedes is having trouble selling their EVs), I think this may prove to be a very bad decision by Jaguar and I fear for the brand.
- Carlson Fan What I want to know is does the bed & tailgate form a ramp as the rear end squats to the ground like the prototype?