If you were in the market for a midsized luxury sedan from Europe, you could certainly do worse than the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class. While it sacrifices a bit of interior volume for the sake of style, it remains an opulent and sedate experience for the driver with just enough performance to keep the office commute from becoming dull. Of course, those seeking enhanced trills could pay AMG to transform the sedan into the 429 horsepower CLS53. But it has been retired for the 2022 model year, along with the base CLS450 with rear-wheel drive.
That just leaves the CLS450 4Matic, which Mercedes has given some new accouterments — perhaps to take the sting out of the company dumping the more interesting trims.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Analoggrotto How pathetic, as Telluride ATPs continue to soar with a model released in 2018, Toyota is living in the past, bringing back old heavy truck frame junk like this to sell a few hundred copies. They can't even remotely compete on reddit for the toast of society who enjoys the finest AVMs and ATPs by signing up for the finest SUV for under $100k and only #2 to the Purosangue beyond that. This is like the Miata of 3 Row SUVs, you can pay more but not get anything better.
- Dukeisduke The trans brake locks the transmission in both Drive and Reverse, holding the car while you get on the throttle to bring the torque converter up; when you release the button, you GO!
- Canam23 In the early 80's I was buying old American iron in Southern California, cleaning them up and selling them. Before the internet you could get some really good deals because no one knew what things were worth. I started with a 56 Lincoln Premiere that I bought for $400 and sold two days later for $2000. I had a Swedish buyer who told me he would take anything in good running order with lots of chrome and 30 years old because that's when they could be brought over without penalty. It was a lot of fun and some didn't sell as well as others. Then I had kids...;
- VoGhost PHEV is a dead end.
- SCE to AUX Best feature: "Not mine call # if interested"