Used Car of the Day: 2018 Smart ForTwo Brabus
Aftermarket tuners have never met a car they couldn't turn into a higher-performance version -- or, at least, a car that looks sportier. Such is the case with Brabus and the Smart ForTwo.
This seller has an electric Smart ForTwo with a bunch of Brabus body work done to it -- and they are asking for $18,500.
The list is extensive -- check it out at the posting -- and full of carbon fiber.
Not only does the car have what the seller calls "Brabus-ized" looks, but it also has only 11,400 miles on the clock.
If the Smart ForTwo tickles your fancy -- and while many disdain the little urban runabout, there are fans of it out there -- perhaps this modified unit is just your speed.
[Images: The Seller]
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
MaintenanceCosts on Dec 27, 2022
About a mile from me lives a couple with about the only bulletproof use case I've ever seen for Smart fortwos.
They live in a small house on an arterial street that is relatively narrow and has no curb parking on either side (all the space is devoted to travel lanes). Behind their house is a steep downward slope, which also means there are no side streets within about 500 feet of them on either side. The house has a tiny driveway that can't be extended because the house itself is in the way. Their two Smart fortwos, parked just right, fit in the driveway by a matter of inches. If it weren't for the fortwos, they could only park one car within half a mile or so of their house.
There is nothing else that justifies a smart fortwo over the competition.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jeff S The Cybertruck is one of the most hyped vehicles in decades.
- Nrd515 This is all I could think of seeing this. I saw it in the theater with my dad about 59 years or so ago:https://www.popcorncinemashow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Mr-Sardonicus-1961-01.jpg
- Art Vandelay I have no illusions tha my Challenger was going to be a car I wanted to own 10 seconds out of warranty. Fun, sure. Fun in 8 years? Hard pass based on the 2 years I had it
- ToolGuy Weren't some of the most powerful engines in the M4 Sherman air-cooled? (And supercharged.)
- ToolGuy "I installed oil temp and cylinder head temp gauges on various vehicles I was driving, so I could monitor how the engine was doing. I switched from my normal 20W50 and dropped to 15W40 oil and put down thousands of miles. Within that time, I saw a noticeable decrease in oil temps and even cylinder head temps while driving in different situations."ToolGuy has great admiration for your use of the scientific method in conducting original research.