Used Car of the Day: 2008 Lotus Elise California SC
It's so cold outside that I've started Zillowing homes in Florida. And with certain exceptions, I don't much like Florida. Well, I can at least look at convertibles and dream of warmer weather. Such as this 2008 Lotus Elise.
For $47,500, this Elise has an upgraded suspension, brakes, and rotors. It also has some minor cosmetic blemishes and is on its third owner. The Vermont-based seller calls it a 7/8 out of 10.
I call it a nice reminder that summer does exist.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
JMII on Dec 27, 2022
I got my C7 Z51 for less then this and I guarantee its more comfortable and usable while still be quicker around a track.
And living in FL I can assure you a Lotus is NOT the car you want down here because our roads here are flat and straight thus you would never really get to enjoy it.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Probert It's worth pointing out that this car gets this great range due to its very low cd rating. It ha a relatively small 77kw battery. This aero efficiency gives it about 50 more miles relative to the ioniq 5, which uses the same powertrain. KIA/Hyundai make really good EVs. Hopefully this becomes more common.
- ToolGuy My Author has a high level of self-absorption (nothing wrong with that, maybe).Corey you are a Lexus buyer. Told you already but you are pacing yourself (nothing wrong with that, maybe). Keep scratching off non-Lexi from your list and you'll be fine (maybe).Congrats on the new job/new industry.
- ToolGuy The [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Cherokee_(XJ)]XJ platform[/url] is super interesting to me, more so after owning one and working on it some (but not a lot, because it didn't need a lot). The overall size is almost perfect; add more space to the back seat (and carry it to the wheelbase) if we are starting over.One could argue, if one knew anything about vehicles, that the 4-door XJ is a major reason why U.S. fleet [all of everyone's vehicles averaged together] fuel economy is so bad in 2023.
- ToolGuy ToolGuy can't solve all the issues raised here tonight, but this does remind me that I have some very excellent strawberry jam direct from Paris in the fridge.
- ToolGuy Cool.(ToolGuy supports technology advancement, as well as third-person references)