Used Car of the Day: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Today's listing is a no-frills SUV of relatively recent vintage.
Coming to you from my old stomping grounds outside of Chicago, this Grand Cherokee is affordable and has a relatively low 170K miles, but it has minor rust.
It's a Laredo trim with the 3.7-liter V6. We're highlighting this one as an example of cheap transpo. Not every car we highlight will be quirky or rare.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
MaintenanceCosts on Nov 08, 2022
That era of Chrysler interior is amazingly bad.
With that said this is not a horrible choice. It will break, but parts are readily available and, unlike all the terrifying German iron from the past few days, it shouldn't be expensive to fix. As always the Grand Cherokee is a socially useful vehicle in America; it fits in in any setting.
CoastieLenn on Nov 08, 2022
Literally the worst generation of Grand Cherokee, Terrible 3.7L, terrible interior, terrible transmissions. If you're going the budget JGC route, the ZJ (either engine) or WJ (NOT the 4.7) are the way to go. Burn these with fire, piss on them before the fire if they have the 3.7 or 4.7. Hemi was more acceptable.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- RHD The Skoda Enyaq is priced at 34,600 Euros in Germany. If Skoda would like to dip their toes in the water at the other side of the pond, now would be the time.
- Roadscholar Safety, shmafety....I love it.
- RHD Goodbye. We won't miss you much... actually, we won't miss you at all. Toyota, please send something better (although almost anything would be better).
- RHD Those cameras would be made non-functional if they were sprayed with aerosol bedliner. So please, do not do that. And definitely do not tell the good folks in Oxford to spray the cameras with bedliner.
- Dusterdude Whatever the UAW advises should always be taken at face value , we all know they are honest and transparent , so no debate even required .