Housekeeping: Happy Fourth of July
Once again, it’s time to, and I quote The Simpsons: “Celebrate the independence of your nation by blowing up a small part of it.”
So that means we’re off on the Fourth of July.
But wait, there’s more!
Both your intrepid managing editor and news contributor Matt Posky have vacation planned for the first week of July. So Matthew Guy will be mostly holding down the fort.
Because of the planned time off and because it’s a slow news week anyway, there won’t be a ton of fresh content, but you’ll see some previously scheduled works. The site will not be totally barren!
I’ll be in an exotic place called Florida, so I’ll have internet access if I need to pull myself away from the bars and beaches if news breaks, but otherwise, expect the site to have more of an eclectic mix of posts than usual.
Don’t drink and drive, don’t blow off any limbs, leave fireworks to the professionals, take the proper Covid precautions, and wear sunscreen. Be safe.
See you on the other side.
[Image: Romolo Tavani/Shutterstock.com]
Mikey on Jul 04, 2022
A happy July 4th to my American friends... ! A working day up here in the not so frozen north.. I just dropped my recently acquired 19 Camaro RS convert into the detail shop this morning. Just pumped to see what it looks like after three young guy have done their magic ! (Just thought I work steer the conversation back to cars ) Enjoy your day folks !
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- DenverMike Anyone that would have this color would wear feathers to a minister’s funeral.
- Art Vandelay Still looks better than modern Hyundai/KIA products
- Dukeisduke The F&I office on steroids.
- DenverMike Yeah there’s temporarily gains, but automakers will continue to seek additional revenue streams as the auto industry will be in decline from now on, with new players taking an increasingly piece of the pie, plus weak EV profits. Prices are considered stupid, even by the rich that easily find better ways to dump cash, even on $200K Batmobile replicas. There’s never been so many (Hot) alternatives to “new” vehicles and all the BS/greed that goes along with them, including, yes better than new!Did I mention the auto aftermarket has been growing exponentially?
- JMII I guess at one point OnStar had value but given that everyone has a smart phone these days I can't think of anything it does that I would pay for. The car has a OLM and reading the manual gives me all the other maintenance information I need. I unplugged the unit in my C7 just so the blue and red lights would disappear from my rear view mirror... I found them very distracting. Since my C7 was used I never signed up nor paid for anything, I have no idea what the data they are collecting on me but driving to and from work plus the occasionally track day doesn't seem like a gold mine.