QOTD: Is the 2021 Rolls-Royce-Based Overdose Actually Overkill?
A Rolls-Royce Black Badge Wraith is already a limited production vehicle. German tuner Novitec, and its Spofec division, are modifying three of these cars for worldwide distribution. The question of the day is whether the Spofec Overdose Wraiths are overkill, or not?
Gran Turismo, or GT, cars have a wide berth when it comes to content. The Overdose takes the Rolls-Royce to another level, with a carbon wide-body kit. Designed by Vittorio Strosek, the Rolls is now almost 82 inches wide, a little over five inches wider than it began. Curved wheel arches allow fitment of 10.5JX22 forged Vossen wheels, with 295/30ZR22 high-performance tires in the back.
Front fenders 2 3/4 inches wider than stock are needed to accommodate the 9.5JX22 wheels and 265/35ZR22 tires. Custom rocker panels are required to tie the wider fenders together. Air intakes on both sides cool the rear brakes.
The Rolls’ Spofec carbon front fascia and rear bumper replace the original bumpers. It gives the Wraith a more striking appearance while reducing lift at high speed. Getting the Rolls to that point is a 6.6-liter, twin-turbo V12 upgraded to 717 horsepower and 727 lb-ft of torque. Available performance upgrades, an N-Tronic engine control module, provides special mapping and increases boost.
In 4.2 seconds, the Rolls will go zero-62 MPH, 100 kilometers per hour for those metrically-minded. Spofec limits the Rolls to 155 MPH due to the car’s brick-like aerodynamics and overall weight.
Thanks to an air suspension control module, the Overdose will hunker down an inch and a half up to 86 MPH. At higher speeds, the body returns to normal ride height.
Spofec will customize the Rolls’ interior upon your request. You and I are both wondering what all this excess costs, and Novitec isn’t saying. The Wraith’s base price by itself is $330,000. Most shoppers on Beverly Hills’ Rodeo Drive are less spendy than the Overdose. Overdosed already?
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Lou_BC You can't go too wrong with a SBC, even a modded one. I get the vibe this has had a hard life. Kinda like the hot chick with a "property of H.A." tat on her butt.
- El scotto Think of three vehicle assembly plants on the same road with fast food joints across the road. The fast food joints sell food to the workers from all three plants. Think of the suppliers as the fast food joints. They sell to all three plants and if the plants are idled, the suppliers have to shut down too.
- The Oracle This is a proper muscle coupe clunker.
- El scotto Oh Lordy, the LT series engine in well, anything are kind of like free shots or slow dancing with a baby momma. You tell yourself, no really this is the last time.
- El scotto Matt, truly great writing. The bosses need to let you loose more often. Save this one for the "Examples of My Writing" part of your resume.