2021 Mercedes-Benz EQB – Electricity Flows
Mercedes-Benz’s 2021 EQB is its third all-electric launch this year, along with the EQA 250 and EQS. The EQB will be produced for the local market in Beijing. The rest of the world will get their EQBs from Kecskemét, Hungary. The EQB will be the first pure EV made in Hungary.
A U.S.-spec EQB won’t happen until sometime in 2022, but this overview should give you some idea of what’s yet to come. At 184 inches long, 72 inches wide, and 66 inches high, the EQB is a fairly spacious compact SUV.
There’s 60-cubic feet of storage space in the cargo area. If you opt for the seven-seater, kids and anyone under five feet, four inches tall can ride in the third row.
While we didn’t get many details about the EQB’s drivetrain, Mercedes did say that there will be several variations, with front-wheel drive, AWD, and a number of power ratings, including one that MB claims will exceed 268 horsepower.
The EQB’s batteries will have a starting capacity of 66.5 kWh. An extended-range version will be among those offered. Mercedes’ electro-intelligent nav system is smarter than most. It’ll not only give you the fastest route, but it will also take into account max charging power, and how long it may take if you need to stop for a boost. It’s so smart it will even bring the battery up to optimal charging temperature before a planned hookup. Now that’s smart.
The energy needed to power your EQB is a concern for Mercedes-Benz. With Mercedes me Charge, over 200,000 public charging stations across Europe are accessible through Mercedes me Charge. It also said that Mercedes me Charge provides over 90 percent coverage of public charging points in the US. Don’t you feel less anxious now?
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Bullnuke It may be awhile before these show up on US shores. The MV Fremantle Highway has just started demo/reconstruction in Rotterdam after the large fire when transporting its last shipment of electric Porsche products.
- Fie on Fiasler Big, fast and thirsty does not equal good. True luxury is not cobbled together by the UAW.
- Inside Looking Out I see it as gladiator races - only one survives in virtual world.
- Crown They need to put the EcoDiesel back in the Grand Cherokee. I have a 2018 and it has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. 69,000 miles and only needed tires, and regular oil and fuel filter changes.
- El scotto Y'all are overthinking this. Find some young hard-charging DA seeking the TV limelight to lock this kid up. Heck, have John Boehner come up from Cincy to help the young DA get his political career going. Better yet, have the young DA spin this as hard as he or she can; I'm the candidate for Law and Order, I defied our go-easy office and leadership to get this identified criminal locked up. Oh this could be spun more than a hyper active kid's top.Now I'd do some consulting work for Little Kings Original Cream Ale and Skyline Chili.