BMW Presented Golden Button Award by YouTube
BMW videos on YouTube accessed by more than one million subscribers have earned the German automaker a coveted Golden Button Award.
BMW may be the “ultimate driving machine” on the highway, but online the brand is also racking up views and winning over fans. Social media channels are a big deal these days for any car company, and attracting a large following on YouTube is evidence of BMW’s popularity. More than one million viewers followed videos posted by BMW, and YouTube has bestowed the brand with this award in recognition of its success in engaging its online audience.
In a world predicated by social-media status, YouTube is an important communications conduit with customers and fans of the brand. The number of subscribers to the BMW YouTube channel has grown to 1.14 million, and films uploaded by BMW have had 333 million views worldwide, with users spending about 6.5 million hours watching videos on the BMW channel. According to YouTube, a user likes, shares, or comments on a BMW video every 57 seconds.
YouTube’s in-house video platform experts rated BMW the hottest auto brand. They cited in particular how films posted on the channel highlight BMW with an entertaining mix of discussion panels, documentary reports, and reveals of new models and vehicle concepts that showcased the company’s innovation and spirit.
The BMW YouTube channel programming includes breaking news, insider stories, and films, which have increased the number of clicks and likes. New model presentations alternate with profiles, and future technology showcases. A ‘how-to’ series explores current BMW model functions, plus a steady stream of amusing driving reflections are also featured. The most popular post by far has been ‘The Small Escape’, a short film with high production values released last year. Set in a divided Berlin of the 1960s, it tells the story of an escape across the border between East and West in a BMW Isetta, racking up more than 23 million views.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Verbal Bring back the brick Cherokee.
- G I predict the Lyric will be unpredented EV success surpassing the likes of @Tesla and @Ford Mustang Mach E.
- Jcw65695474 The best tire I have owned in all my years of driving comes standard on the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, its Firestone destination A/T , I have had 3 New Cherokees 2014, 1017, 2020 I live in NL with lots of snow Neither vehicle ever had a single tire removed, except to rotate faithfully, when they were traded all tires looked brand new, (with 40 + thousand KM )
- Kwik_Shift Tesla in only deemed successful because EVs are their bread and butter. If/when it completely fails, it would be game over unless they remuster quickly into something else. Ford's mainstay is ICE.
- Olddavid I will immediately brand myself as geriatric by saying to buy an upper tier Lincoln without a V8 engine is either the height of stupidity or the apex of salesmanship. I wouldn't have an F1 engine in it as it has not my requisite of cylindrage. 77 quarters as a Ford employee should have imprinted, but evidently did not. Too bad, as I sure approve of the styling.
So they make money on Youtube and cars are just the side business to attract clicks on their Youtube channel.
I remember when YouTube was an open forum for the masses, instead of a carefully-curated cable news & shopping channel.