All the Cars You Nominated for Ten Best and Worst of 2016
After cleaning up the data as much as I could considering this smashing headache I’m managing today, I’ve crunched the numbers and come out with a magic number: 242. That’s the total number of vehicles you nominated that were eligible for this year’s Ten Best and Ten Worst.
Here they are, in order of Best to Worst, for your reading pleasure.
Before we begin, it’s important to understand what the “Net Nomination Score” actually is. We took the number of Best nominations and subtracted the number of Worst nominations. The further down the list a vehicle lives, the worse it is, according to you.
Also, this is how the candidates were presented to writers, more or less. The more extreme the score in nominations, the further up the vehicles were on the Best/Worst voting sheets. That means you have mucha influencia in the final Tens.
So, without further ado …ModelNet Nomination ScoreMazda MX-5 Miata39Ford Mustang33Volkswagen Golf22Tesla Model S21Chevrolet Corvette17Honda Accord17Mazda616Ford F-15015Chevrolet Impala13Mazda313Honda Civic11Porsche Boxster/Cayman11Mercedes-Benz C-Class10Dodge Charger9Jeep Wrangler9Porsche 9119Ford Focus8Acura MDX7Alfa Romeo 4C7Chevrolet SS7Jeep Grand Cherokee7Toyota Camry7Ford Flex6Mazda CX-56Toyota Tacoma6Volvo XC906BMW 2 Series5Mercedes-Benz E-Class5Subaru WRX5BMW M24Chevrolet Volt4Ford Fusion4Honda Fit4Hyundai Genesis4Jaguar F-Type4Kia Soul4Lexus LS4Subaru Outback4Toyota 4Runner4Audi A43Audi A83BMW i33BMW i83Chevrolet Colorado3Chevrolet Suburban3Chrysler 3003Kia Sorento3Lexus GS3Mercedes-AMG GT3Subaru Crosstrek3Subaru Forester3Toyota Land Cruiser3Audi A72Cadillac CTS2Chevrolet Bolt2Dodge Challenger2Ferrari 4882Ferrari F12 berlinetta2Fiat 500 Abarth2Ford Escape2Ford Fiesta2Ford Transit2GMC Yukon2Honda CR-V2Honda Odyssey2Jaguar XE2Kia Optima2Lincoln MKX2Lincoln MKZ2McLaren 570S2Mercedes-Benz S-Class2Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe2Ram 25002Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ0Scion tC2Toyota Avalon2Toyota Sienna2Volvo V60 Polestar2Volvo XC602Acura RDX1Ariel Atom1Audi A31Audi A61Audi Q51Audi Q71BMW 7 Series1BMW M41BMW M51Buick Cascada1Buick Lacrosse1Dodge Durango1Ford C-Max1Ford Edge1Ford Transit Connect1Honda Ridgeline1Hyundai Genesis Coupe1ICON FJ-441Infiniti Q501Infiniti QX501Jaguar XJ1Lamborghini Aventador1Lamborghini Huracan LP610-41Land Rover Range Rover1Lexus IS1Lincoln MKC1McLaren 650S1McLaren 675LT1Mercedes Sprinter1Morgan 3-Wheeler1Nissan Versa Note1Porsche Macan1Scion iA1Toyota Corolla1Volvo S601Volvo XC701Acura TLX0Audi TT0BMW 3 Series0Cadillac SRX0Chevrolet Camaro0Chevrolet Malibu0Chevrolet Sonic0Dodge Viper0Honda Pilot0Kia K9000Lexus GX0Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class0Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class0Mini Clubman0Nissan Juke0Nissan Leaf0Ram ProMaster City0Subaru Impreza0Toyota Highlander0Volkswagen Passat0Audi Q3-1BMW 4 Series-1Buick Enclave-1Buick Envision-1Buick Regal-1Ford Expedition-1Hyundai Elantra-1Infiniti QX60-1Infiniti QX80-1Land Rover Discovery Sport-1Lexus NX-1Lexus RX-1Lincoln MKS-1Lincoln Navigator-1Mitsubishi RVR-1Nissan Armada-1Nissan Cube-1Nissan GT-R-1Nissan NV Full-size-1Nissan Quest-1Porsche Panamera-1Ram 1500-1Ram ProMaster-1Rolls Royce Grand Shadow Gazoonie-1Toyota Prius-1Toyota RAV4-1Toyota Sequoia-1Volkswagen Jetta-1Acura RLX-2BMW 5 Series-2Cadillac ATS-2Cadillac ELR-2Chevrolet City Express-2Chevrolet Cruze-2Chevrolet Equinox-2Chevrolet Express-2Chevrolet Tahoe-2Fiat 500X-2Ford Explorer-2Ford Taurus-2GMC Terrain-2Kia Rio-2Lexus CT-2Lexus ES-2Lexus RC-2Maserati Ghibli-2Mercedes-Benz G-Class-2Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class-2Mini Paceman-2Nissan Rogue Select-2Nissan Sentra-2Porsche Cayenne-2Scion iM-2Subaru Legacy-2Volkswagen Tiguan-2Acura ILX-3BMW X4-3Dodge Grand Caravan-3Hyundai Sonata-3Jeep Cherokee-3Mazda CX-3-3Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Coupe-3Nissan 370Z-3Nissan Frontier-3Nissan Murano-3Nissan Pathfinder-3Nissan Rogue-3Toyota Mirai-3Toyota Prius c-3Volkswagen Touareg-3Chevrolet Silverado-4Chevrolet Traverse-4Land Rover Range Rover Evoque-4Mini Cooper-4Nissan Maxima-4Nissan Titan XD-4Volkswagen Beetle-4Volkswagen Eos-4BMW X1-5Chevrolet Spark-5Chevrolet Trax-5Lincoln MKT-5Cadillac Escalade-6Mitsubishi Outlander-6Tesla Model X-6Dodge Dart-7Chrysler 200-8Fiat 500-8Jeep Renegade-8BMW X6-9Buick Encore-9Mitsubishi Lancer-9Honda CR-Z-10Hyundai Veloster-10Mitsubishi Mirage-11Nissan Versa-11Toyota Yaris-11Mitsubishi i-MiEV-12Honda HR-V-13Nissan Altima-13Jeep Patriot-14Dodge Journey-19Smart ForTwo-19Fiat 500L-26Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class-26
Feel free to let us know what you nominated in the comments.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Fred The bigger issue is what happens to the other systems as demand dwindles? Will thet convert or will they just just shut down?
- Roger hopkins Why do they all have to be 4 door??? Why not a "cab & a half" and a bit longer box. This is just another station wagon of the 21st century. Maybe they should put fake woodgrain on the side lol...
- Greg Add me to the list: 2017 Sorento EX AWD w/2.0 Turbo GDI 68K miles. Changed oil religiously with only synthetic. Checked oil level before a rare long road trip and Ievel was at least 2 quarts down. That was less than 6 months after the last oil change. I'm now adding a quart of oil every 1000 miles and checking every 500 miles because I read reports that the oil usage gets worse. Too bad, really like the 2023 Tuscon. But I have not seen Hyundai/Kia doing anything new in terms of engine development. Therefore, I have to suspect that I will ony become a victim of a fatally flawed engine development program if I were to a purchase another Kia/Hyundai.
- Craiger 1970s Battlestar Galactica Cylon face.
- Master Baiter "...but the driver must be ready to step in and take control. The system is authorized for use during the day but at speeds lower than 40 mph..."Translation: It's basically useless, and likely more stressful than piloting the car ones's self.
Interesting list, of which I didn't participate. I'd bet if TTAC tried this again many commenters, myself included, would happily participate. What stopped me originally is there wasn't 10 vehicles best &/or worst that I've driven or ridden in to comment about, and if I commented now I'd only have 5 vehicles to rate.
Why did the Volkswagen Golf score so well?