Justice of the 'Please': I'm at LeMons This Weekend With Murilee, So Should You!
In honor of Miller Motorsports Park’s glorious sale back to the people, fellow auto scribe and LeMons chief judge Murilee Martin, Cheat Sheet Managing Editor Andrew Ganz and I made the people’s journey Thursday across the [s]wasteland[/s] wonderful state of Wyoming to judge the proletariat’s race. (I’ll have a story on that later.)
The annual Return of the LeMonites will have a decidedly “red” feel this year, thanks to Murilee’s savvy Alibaba skills and dirt-cheap shipping costs from China.
This isn’t my first rodeo as LeMons judge — but it is my first tour for the best race series on the planet back in the Beehive State. I went to school at the University of Utah (AP No. 10, Coaches No. 12, ESPN No. 9) and Utah is my second home for many reasons. Basically, I’m saying I’m comfortable enough here to make terrible drivers go get me Beto’s if they drive like assholes.
I’ll be on Twitter all weekend ( @ColeMeetsCars) if you want to keep up with the days’ activities and cars. Included in the list of racers in Utah are a twin-engined Toyota MR2, a mid-engined LeCar, a miniature Renault 4CV and probably a Pinto or two.
If you’re in the neighborhood, please stop by. Look for the proletariat chariot in the parking lot.
If you’re racing this weekend, bribe early and bribe often; Raunch Records and Epic beer go a long way to help me forget that you’ve just blown Attitudes.
[Photo credit: Top, Murilee Martin; Sienna, Aaron Cole]
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Spamvw My '02 Jetta Wagon is starting to look a little rough. Some of the plastics are degrading, rust is starting. BUT, show me another 21 year old daily driver that looks perfect.
- Syke Sorry, off-roading holds no interest for me. Besides, vehicles like these will normally get used in traffic where they can push around two-wheeled (motorized and not) vehicles with impunity.
- V16 It's hard to believe that the 1980 Thunderbird was approved for production.The Edsel had more curb appeal.
- Jimbo1126 (Turning pencil to eraser end...) Really, it's just GM. Been disappointed by their products too many times.
- Golden2husky 78 Concept is pretty awesome to me -
Epic has rapidly become one of my favorite breweries. Big Bad Baptist is not to be taken lightly.
Glad to meet you! http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/pqrxdzwvhvmefj6rixqe.jpg As was Puff, of course.