Mini Clubman Shows Just How Maxi Brand Has Become
Mini unveiled its newest Clubman this week and the car, which is one foot longer and nearly 5 inches wider than the outgoing model, is now longer than a Jeep Wrangler.
The 14-foot-long four door will be four-inches shorter than a Mazda CX-3 and will sport the Hardtop’s duo of engines for Clubman and Clubman S models. The turbocharged I-3 will produce 134 horsepower in the Clubman, while the turbo four will bump up to 189 horsepower for the Clubman S. According to Mini, the Clubman S will sprint up to 60 mph in 7 seconds.
The Clubman is 10.9 inches longer than the 5-door Hardtop, with a 4-inch longer wheelbase and is nearly 3 inches wider. Rear passengers in the Clubman will get 2 more inches of legroom over the five-door Mini (34.3 vs. 32.3).
(And the five-door Hardtop exists, why?)
The Clubman will get BMW’s 8-speed automatic transmission as an option in the Clubman S, which was noticeably missing from the newest Hardtop. The Clubman will also get Dynamic Damper Control as an option, lifted from the Cooper S Hardtop.
According to the automaker, the Clubman will sport 17.5 cubes of room in the rear cargo area, increasing to 47.9 cubes with the rear seats folded down. The bar between the split opening rear doors has also shrunk, which should increase rear visibility in the
minivan Clubman. The rear tail lamps are much larger and affixed to the symmetrical rear doors this time around.
The Clubman is the first model in Mini’s self-styled overhaul that was unveiled in June. In addition to the car, Mini will also roll out this year in the U.S. its car-sharing service that lets owners “rent” their own Minis when not in use.
The Mini Clubman will go on sale in the U.S. in January 2016, the automaker said. Pricing hasn’t been announced.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Bullnuke It may be awhile before these show up on US shores. The MV Fremantle Highway has just started demo/reconstruction in Rotterdam after the large fire when transporting its last shipment of electric Porsche products.
- Fie on Fiasler Big, fast and thirsty does not equal good. True luxury is not cobbled together by the UAW.
- Inside Looking Out I see it as gladiator races - only one survives in virtual world.
- Crown They need to put the EcoDiesel back in the Grand Cherokee. I have a 2018 and it has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. 69,000 miles and only needed tires, and regular oil and fuel filter changes.
- El scotto Y'all are overthinking this. Find some young hard-charging DA seeking the TV limelight to lock this kid up. Heck, have John Boehner come up from Cincy to help the young DA get his political career going. Better yet, have the young DA spin this as hard as he or she can; I'm the candidate for Law and Order, I defied our go-easy office and leadership to get this identified criminal locked up. Oh this could be spun more than a hyper active kid's top.Now I'd do some consulting work for Little Kings Original Cream Ale and Skyline Chili.