Junkyard Find: 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
We saw a 1990 Cavalier Z24 just a few months ago, but lately I’ve developed a sick fascination with the allegedly high-performance versions of the very popular Chevrolet Cavalier. Maybe it’s the wretchedness of the breed in the 24 Hours of LeMons, or maybe it’s the vivid purple paint job. Whatever the reason, here’s another ’90 that I found in a Denver-area yard not long ago.
Are these tape stripes factory-installed? The early 1990s were the heyday of hideous stick-on graphics, but there’s a certain level of Manny, Moe, and Jackness on display here.
The previous Colorado Z24 Junkyard Find had a Heisenberg air freshener hanging from the rear-view mirror, and this one has a “Breaking Bad” DVD inside. Coincidence?
How many acres of this blue velour-ish material did The General consume during the 1980s and 1990s?
The first car more people bring home… is a Chevy Cavalier.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- CaddyDaddy Coney Island in Bailey, Colorado off of US 285. Man oh man, Caddy Daddy could use a Chicago Dog, side of fries and a root beer. Good Times!
- MaintenanceCosts Imagine that... the OEM that doesn't make absurd false claims about "Full Self-Driving" and that doesn't release beta software onto public streets gets better treatment from the regulator.
- MaintenanceCosts Yes, yes, balance, quick turn-in, working the gears, blah, blah.I'm sorry, none of it is convincing. A 3-series needs two more cylinders than this so that it doesn't sound like a Jetta on $199/month special.
- MaintenanceCosts Is Stellantis capable of making a product for the American market without embarrassing levels of over-the-top fake machismo?
- Philip This raises two questions for me:[list=1][*]What happens to all of the chargepoint that we have installed at our homes? Do those all have to be replaced?[/*][*]What happens to all of the billions of dollars from the federal government being spent on non-tesla ports at wal-marts and pilot service centers? [/*][/list=1]
Love the pinstriping. In the EKG of life, it looks like the Heartbeat of America pulsed once, then flatlined.
The first car that people trade in on a Toyota Corolla is... a Cavalier.