What Automotive Patent Would You Hang on Your Wall?
December 31st, 2020 2:43 PM Share
The fine brain trust at How a Car Works has a great idea: print out free high-res patents and frame them because all our money goes to cars and not decorations, obviously.
It got our motors running. What would we want to hang on the walls?
How a Car Works has the Willys Jeep patent available ( here if you want to spend money on a print):
A 1938 drawing of an internal combustion engine would do nicely:
Wankel’s rotary engine from 1958:
Ballamy’s differential gear from 1950:
Anything we missed?
Published August 18th, 2015 5:00 PM
Join the conversation
3 of 25 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Oberkanone Does GM build anything to compete with this? Does GM build any competent hybrids?
- Dukeisduke So, it'll be invisible, just like all other Gen 6 Camaros?
- Alterboy21 The gov't has already mandated control of your vehicle. 10 years ago they required cars to have ABS and traction control.I am not sure I agree that automatic breaking is ready for primetime, but taking control of a cars driving behavior is not new ground for the NHTSA.
- Parkave231 Collector's Edition hood ornament or GTFO.
- Dave M. Once again Mustang remains solely on the throne. But obviously the day of the ponycar has long passed....
The patent for the electric parking brake - so I can throw darts at it!
My own automotive patent: https://www.google.com/patents/US8011899 (At USPTO: http://goo.gl/OdfvDu ) I'd also put my oilfield-related patent on the wall.