Chicago 2015: 2016 Toyota Avalon Unveiled
Turning up with a refreshed look, the 2016 Toyota Avalon took the stage at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show.
Up front, the Avalon receives reshaped headlamps with LED bulbs, revised turn signals, and a lower, wider grill. Power still comes from either a 3.5-liter V6 producing 268 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque, or a 200-horsepower hybrid system led by a 2.5-liter four.
XLE and XLE Plus trims receive 17-inch alloys, woodgrain dash and tire-pressure monitoring, while the Touring level turns up the aggressive looks and gains 18-inch alloys and daytime LEDs. The top-of-the-line Limited retains the 18-inch wheels for gasoline-powered versions — 17 inches for the hybrid — and adds adaptive cruise control, pre-collision, and auto-adjusting high beams.
No pricing was announced at the show, but Toyota says the revised 2016 Avalon will hit showrooms later this fall.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Charles I had one and loved it . Seated 7 people . Easy to park , great van
- Jay Mason Your outdoor space will get better every year with a pergola. A horizontal, pole-supported framework for climbing plants is called a pergola. It creates a closed off area. pergola builder denton texas by Denton Custom Decks provide cover for outdoor gatherings. They would be more than happy to assist you with the pergola's framework.
- Alan I would think Ford would beef up the drive line considering the torque increase, horse power isn't a factor here. I looked at a Harrop supercharger for my vehicle. Harrop offered two stages of performance. The first was a paltry 100hp to the wheels (12 000AUD)and the second was 250hp to the wheels ($20 000 (engine didn't rev harder so torque was significantly increased)). The Stage One had no drive line changes, but the Stage Two had drive line modifications. My vehicle weighs roughly the same as a full size pickup and the 400'ish hp I have is sufficient, I had little use for another 100 let alone 250hp. I couldn't see much difference in the actual supercharger setup other than a ratio change for the drive of the supercharger, so that extra $8 000 went into the drive line.
- ToolGuy Question: F-150 FP700 ( Bronze or Black) supercharger kit is legal in 50 states, while the Mustang supercharger kit is banned in California -- why??
- ToolGuy Last picture: Labeling the accelerator as "play" and the brake pedal as "pause" might be cute, but it feels wrong. It feels wrong because it is wrong, and it is wrong because Calculus.Sidebar: I have some in-laws who engage the accelerator and brake on a binary on/off all-in basis. So annoying as a passenger.Drive smoothly out there. 🙂
How are they "receiving" TPMS in this refresh when TPMS has been required since MY2007?
Looking like the Mirai. It still looks pretty good- better than the Buicks!