Junkyard Find: 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26
June 20th, 2012 11:27 PM Share
You want rare? This car is rare!
1996 was the last year for the Chevy Beretta, and the Z26 was available only for the final few years of production. With 155 horsepower out of the 3100 V6, the Z26 has 25 fewer horses than its Quad 4-powered GTZ predecessor. It did, however, get the same style of 80s-esque door decals as the Beretta GT.
I haven’t seen a Z26 anywhere for at least a decade, and I wouldn’t be surprised to find that this car is much rarer today than, say, a numbers-matching 1970 SS 454 Chevelle.
Does that mean that a well-preserved, low-mile Beretta Z26 will be worth big bucks someday? You never know!
Those wheels might look interesting on an early-80s Buick Skylark.
#1990s #1996 #1996ChevroletBerettaZ26 #Beretta #BerettaZ26 #Chevrolet #ChevroletBeretta #Denver #DownOnTheJunkyard #Junkyard #JunkyardFind #Z26
Published June 21st, 2012 9:00 AM
Join the conversation
2 of 39 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MaintenanceCosts This class of car competes hard with Chargers/Challengers and modded diesel pickups for the douchey-driving crown.
- 28-Cars-Later Corey - I think I am going to issue a fatwa demanding a cool kids car meetup in July somewhere in the Ohio region.
- Master Baiter Might as well light 50 $100 bills on fire.
- Mike1041 At $300K per copy they may secure as much as 2 or 3 deposits of $1,000
- Sgeffe Why on Earth can’t you just get the torque specs and do it yourself if you’re so-inclined?!
Believe it or not, I have one of these cars in near perfect condition. Won't ever equal a Ferrari Daytona, but not the worst car ever made. Where is the boneyard car at?
LOL...Just found this thread...I had a black/black 91 GTZ with the 2.3 Quad4 and a 5 speed manual. My first brand new car... One week old, the passenger door jammed shut because the pos rocker panel had warped. Quick for its time - jumped many an unsuspecting 5.0 Mustang and 300ZX. Still not the worst car I've owned...