NAIAS Preview: Cadillac ATS
The Cadillac ATS was revealed this morning amid a torrent of lewd headlines and premature requests for an ATS-V wagon. Visually identical to the CTS, the ATS is supposed to be a competitor to the BMW 3-Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Audi A4, with the biggest question being what the hell is going to be done with the CTS?
Vague mentions of a 3,400 lb curb weight were thrown around, but nobody has determined what engine or transmission combinations were in reporting this figure. The 2013 BMW 3-Series, for reference, weighs in at 3311 for a manual 328i at its lightest, while an automatic 335i tops out at 3509, the heaviest car in the range. The ATS will have a multilink rear suspension, available Brembo brakes, all-wheel drive and magnetic ride control. Cadillac’s CUE system will also be offered.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MaintenanceCosts Removing hardware that is already present in a physical machine you bought is theft. Someone affected should sue Tesla for conversion.It's just one more example of the sort of sharp business practices that you expect with Elmo at the helm..
- Theflyersfan Needed an updated picture of Philadelphia to replace the rather nice ones above.
- Arthur Dailey Any vehicle with a continental hump, even if vestigial, gets a thumbs up from me.
- KOKing Actually a place called Sector111 in Temecula, CA was importing them for sale in the US starting around 2012. A friend had a shop right next door, and I recall seeing the very first one the owner imported for himself, and would bring it out to promote at various local events. Also shows this thing's been around for a while.
- KevinB A $300 fine for me would be an "ouch". For someone else it may mean the electric bill doesn't get paid and there won't be enough gas to get to work.
Looks fine to me, but I'm not a Caddy customer. Hope they sell a million of 'em.
Great job GM! Pending a test drive, this is likely to be my next new car.