Junkyard Find: Jacqui's Chevelle May Clog Crusher With Excess Bondo
September 3rd, 2011 4:58 PM Share
Poor Jacqui. Her ’64 Chevelle sedan looked great with her name on the trunklid, surrounded by airbrushed vines and flowers. Then the mean tow-truck man showed up and hauled it away.
Well, maybe this Chevy (which I found in a Denver self-serve yard last week) had a few cosmetic flaws, including an unfortunate bowling-ball-dropped-from-5th-floor dent in the roof.
I like to use chicken-wire as an armature when I use this much Bondo on a car, but that’s just me.
I’m slightly tempted to buy this trunklid for garage display, but not before I hang the Goddess of the Rockies milk-truck door in there first.
#1960s #1964 #1964ChevroletChevelle #Chevelle #Chevrolet #ChevroletChevelle #Custom #Denver #DownOnTheJunkyard #Junkyard #JunkyardFind
Published September 3rd, 2011 5:15 PM
Join the conversation
3 of 14 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Wheatridger Correct me if I'm wrong, but has the widescreen digital dash usurped the space formerly occupied in every other car by an HVAC vent? I see one prominent vent well right of center, where there should be two. I rely on twin driver's side vents to warm my hands on cold mornings, and I wouldn't give that up for more screen area.
- Dawn Maple They haven't even fixed the airbag issues and recalls completely, so why waste more time and money on another "safety feature" that removes choices from the driver? We would be safer getting in a car driven by Helen Keller. Oh wait with driver assist, all she has to do is find her car and turn it on.
- Lorenzo I'm out. I'd never find it in the dark.
- VoGhost Minivans don't sell well, and the market has been declining. And while the entire 'range anxiety' myth is mostly a big oil propaganda designed to scare the weak minded, minivans are often how families travel to grandma's house, so that will be a concern, unless VW can gain access to the Supercharger network. I could see 50K units at peak, declining to 25K/year after a couple of years, unless VW can price competitively with Tesla.
- VoGhost Glad you're healthy, Tim
A rolling memorial for the ocean explorer who invented (perfected?) scuba? For extra points, without peeking on the Web, what does the acronym "scuba" translate to ye lowly landlubber pollywogs? The Disgruntled One misses the Cousteau TV specials but, admittedly, your Cootness does not have access to anything other than the handful of over-the-air broadcast TV offerings. Now, go forth and do what ye would will do when not doing what ye are doing now.
Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus