Toyota Tumbles 9% In February; Camry Off 20%
Is it good news or bad news? After January’s 16% drop, February’s 9% slide could be evidence that the worst is behind Toyota’s fall from sales grace. It certainly seems that the models most connected to the recalls and bad news are being hit the hardest, with the flagship Camry down a nasty 20%. Just to show how the tide has changed, Camry outsold the Fusion by exactly 93 units. The Avalon was off 65%, suggesting that the gray panthers are avoiding its UA issues; let’s just hope they’re not buying Town Cars instead. The newly revised Lexus ES 350, also a UA posterchild, was off a fairly mild 9%.
Overall, Toyota brand vehicles were hit harder (-11%) than Lexus, which was up 5% in the month. The Lexus GX (+185%) helped keep the division in the positive side of the ledger. Prius managed a tidy 10% gain despite the bad publicity. Corolla was down a modest 6%. The new 4Runner is off to a good start with almost 3k units and up 55%. Full details after the jump:
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Art_Vandelay I have a non V LWB as a rental currently. I agree on the Super Cruise. It works well in the situations that I feel are good use cases for autonomous and was nice after a cross country flight. The interior feels a little chintzy for what it costs to me but it isn’t out of line with its competitors, that’s more of an across the board gripe. Seats are nicer than MB Tex though. All in all if you are going to buy something like this it seems a decent choice. The V is for rap videos though
- Scott Should be the GRrrr Corolla.Just saying....
- Crtfour If I could afford and was in the market for something like this, I'd be one of the ones to just go get a Range Rover instead (and possibly have money left over?) instead of a union assembled GM vehicle. But it's cool that something like this exists in this day and age.
- Analoggrotto Such an awesome vehicle to hire remove the third row , fold the second row, hire a driver and have a 4 some w/ Mary Barra, Hilary Clinton and Michelle Obama at 165 mph around Talladega. And that would be my idea of Wrenched Excess: Caligula 2023.
- IH_Fever Cue the "it's not what I want, therefore you don't NEED it" crowd...