LA Auto Show: 2011 Ford Fiesta
May 17th, 2010 12:48 PM Share
Ford’s worst kept secret lately has been the new for North America Fiesta. Those who were hoping for a direct translation of the Euro-spec Fiesta might be a bit disappointed. The Fiesta shares a mere 60 percent of its parts in common with its European cousin, but thankfully gets a few improvements like Sync system and a new sedan variant. Er, if you consider those improvements. Inside the Fiesta’s plastics are typically frugal but overall no worse than the ubiquitous Corolla. Trunk room is fairly miniature sized but rear headroom even in the sedan is fairly good even with a 6’6 driver in the front seat.
Published December 2nd, 2009 8:19 PM
Join the conversation
3 of 51 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- John On my 6th Saab now....always looking for another
- 3SpeedAutomatic Thunderbird Production Numbers:1971 - 36,0551972 - 57,8141973 - 87,2691974 - 58,4431975 - 42,6851976 - 52,9351977 - 318,1401978 - 352,7511979 - 284,141 1980 - 156,803 1981 - 86,693 1982 - 45,142 1983 - 121,999 1984 - 170,533 1985 - 151,852 1986 - 163,965 Looks like the T'Birds on the Torino frame sold like gang busters ('77 thru '79).
- Jeanbaptiste Any variant of “pizza” flavored combos. I only eat these on car trips and they are just my special gut wrenching treat.
- Nrd515 Usually for me it's been Arby's for pretty much forever, except when the one near my house dosed me with food poisoning twice in about a year. Both times were horrible, but the second time was just so terrible it's up near the top of my medical horror stories, and I have a few of those. Obviously, I never went to that one again. I'm still pissed at Arby's for dropping Potato Cakes, and Culver's is truly better anyway. It will be Arby's fish for my "cheat day", when I eat what I want. No tartar sauce and no lettuce on mine, please. And if I get a fish and a French Dip & Swiss? Keep the Swiss, and the dip, too salty. Just the meat and the bread for me, thanks. The odds are about 25% that they will screw one or both of them up and I will have to drive through again to get replacement sandwiches. Culver's seems to get my order right many times in a row, but if I hurry and don't check my order, that's when it's screwed up and garbage to me. My best friend lives on Starbucks coffee. I don't understand coffee's appeal at all. Both my sister and I hate anything it's in. It's like green peppers, they ruin everything they touch. About the only things I hate more than coffee are most condiments, ranked from most hated to..who cares..[list=1][*]Tartar sauce. Just thinking about it makes me smell it in my head. A nod to Ranch here too. Disgusting. [/*][*]Mayo. JEEEEZUS! WTF?[/*][*]Ketchup. Sweet puke tasting sludge. On my fries? Salt. [/*][*]Mustard. Yikes. Brown, yellow, whatever, it's just awful.[/*][*]Pickles. Just ruin it from the pickle juice. No. [/*][*]Horsey, Secret, whatever sauce. Gross. [/*][*]American Cheese. American Sleeze. Any cheese, I don't want it.[/*][*]Shredded lettuce. I don't hate it, but it's warm and what's the point?[/*][*]Raw onion. Totally OK, but not something I really want. Grilled onions is a whole nother thing, I WANT those on a burger.[/*][*]Any of that "juice" that Subway and other sandwich places want to put on. NO, HELL NO! Actually, move this up to #5. [/*][/list=1]
- SPPPP It seems like a really nice car that's just still trying to find its customer.
A 1.6 engine? Is that it? And the sedan version? Ugh it looks like Honey I shrunk the Focus. Please say Ford will make a hot hatch version of the new Fiesta with a 2.0 engine... otherwise it'll just be a boring small car. :(
Z71_Silvy and Sinistermisterman. Are you both SERIOUS?! I cant HONESTLY believe I'm hearing complaints about this car.. as it comes to market.. after almost 3yrs of the entire internet BEGGING for a compact car to be sold under the Fusion but better than the U.S Focus. The entire market has been screaming at the current U.S Focus as one of the worst blunders Ford has managed to eek out. Now Ford spent billions of dollars to upgrade an SUV factory into one that can make these cars... and both of you think its not enough?! NTM the rest in here are complaining about FOG LIGHTS! Sinistermisterman, 1. The 1.6 motor is the first offered in the U.S. I'm guessing that it came right over from Europe.. where you get taxed for a motor larger than 2ltrs. There is no absolute saying a larger motor wont be available. At the LA Autoshow.. the vehicle is shown with aftermarket suppliers with a turbocharger, cold air intake and various other goodies. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/2011-ford-fiesta-pricing-sedan-hatchback/#continued ntm http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/la-2009-ford-shows-off-some-fiesta-possibilities/ 2. In case you didnt know. The concept for the fascia design between the Focus and the Fiesta.. is the same. This design is going to be the leader for Ford as we know it.. in their ONE FORD campaign. This happens to be the very car that was in the James Bond movie Casino Royale. Yes, its a bit late to the show.. but everybody wanted the car that they saw on the screen. 3. Also in case you didnt know.. the Europeans had about 6-7 versions of this same vehicle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta 4. I'm by no means a Ford supporter.. but THIS IS A CAR SITE.. and complaining about the vehicle before its actually arrived at dealerships.. IN ITS FIRST YEAR.. is a little lame. Least ya could do is wait until yr 4-5 to start complaining about a refresh. Z71_Silvy A bit of info on the Fiesta.. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/2011-ford-fiesta-pricing-sedan-hatchback/#continued For 23g.. you get a decent car with either a hatch or sedan form with Sync. Manual or Automatic a choice of leather interior: Black, Cashmere or Plum tones. (Note, though, that the leather interior is only available on the SEL (sedan) and SES (hatchback) trim levels. Still, several competitors don't offer cowhide insides at all.) And you are complaining about a lack of a nav system, ecoboost motor or moon/sunroof? Ya can save the money on a rapidly deprecating system by buying a Garmin. The Ecoboost is only for the Taurus and vehicles built on the same frame. As I mentioned earlier.. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/la-2009-ford-shows-off-some-fiesta-possibilities/ As for as even complaining about the price.. This concept has been spoken about by hundreds of thousands of people.. in every auto company in the U.S. To get you to spend good money, on a compact car. They understand that they have to add upmarket interior pieces in the car. And you are complaining about how the car is too expensive.. and you'd rather buy a Cruze or a grand MORE? How bout ya buy "this car" and stop complaining about why small cars dont have the qualities you want. Not to mention.. who says you will be able to get these same qualities in that larger car. While it is clear the Focus and the Fiesta will be in competition... but every vehicle that Ford has currently.. is in competition. Example, Flex, Escape, Edge, Exploder. just like the Seqoiua / 4 Runner and the Highlander / Venza / RAV4.