Sign of the Times: Understated Edition
Folsom, CA (Yuppie-burb of Sacramento) is in my neck of the woods. I was browsing the online car ads of my local struggling newspaper, the Sacramento Bee, and was struck by the number of trucks for sale.
“We’ve got more trucks than ever before . . . ” Yes, over 1,000 is quite a lot. (Get it?)
“Backed by the Federal Government! Now that’s peace of mind!” Now that’s funny!
This dealership is not on the hit list, but its neighbor, Folsom Lake Chrysler Jeep, is. Drove by the automall yesterday and it was a ghost town.
To illustrate the dire situation, take a look at this part of the ad:
$9175 off a stripper model and must finance thru [Aargh! Thru is not a word!] a credit union. No ChryFi or GMAC here . . . The saddest part of this ad is the 2008 T&C LX prior rental listed at $15,995 (good luck with that, FLD).
What’s it like in your neck of the woods?
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MRF 95 T-Bird You can find a decent and far more stylish Audi TT or an S4 of a similar vintage for under $10k.
- RHD "In all situations, the grip of the tires (225/40R18 front, 225/35R18 rear) brings with it road noise."Are the rear tires actually smaller than the fronts??!! Adding just a bit of sidewall would take care of the bumps and rough ride. I'm not a fan of BMWs, personally, but this is a very enjoyable car. There are times when driving a convertible is pure bliss, and with a bit of power it's fun as well. (And certainly a better drive than a gussied-up, overpriced German taxicab!)
- Bd2 The Equus was a decent 1st effort (not-withstanding the prior JV with Mitsu), but the interior was not quite up to par and the US engineers over-corrected the soft KDM suspension tuning.The current G90 is simply leap years ahead.
- 28-Cars-Later "Low 50Fs" is convertible time?
- Lou_BC Loose nuts? Too much puffing?
WildBill: Hey check out what a matrix front clip would cost. It might still be a deal, lol.....
@ Robert.Walter R u sure u want to start this deb8? "R" and "u" are in the dictionary, too, but if our newspapers were written like kids IM, then all hope is lost. I should have clarified: "Thru" should not be used in the context it was used in the ad.