Cry A Meriva
The production version of the new Opel Meriva will keep the concept’s suicide doors, say Carscoop. Nope, no stylish, efficient people movers in the GM stable. Keep moving people. Nothing to see here.
Eh_political on Dec 23, 2008
Rough in parking lots, but on the other hand those suicide doors would be a godsend for parents struggling with car seats, or anyone struggling with a big bulky object to load. Overall a nice vehicle, and an obvious midsize sedan replacement for many young families or smart people. I added the second category, because I think GM is wise to refrain from introducing "new" at this time. The Astra is a solid vehicle, worthy in many ways. I wouldn't consider one, because as RF pointed out prior to it's launch in NA, it was destined to fail. GM must pare the products it offers to the bone, and only return to innovation when the consumer is open minded and paying attention again. Possibly cars will be hovering at that point, I can't say...
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Theflyersfan I was living in one part of the world when China and Russia were completing their 21st century scramble of Africa. They were pumping billions into the economies of these countries building new dams, bridges, skyscrapers, freeways/toll roads, utilities, power plants, you know - projects that would benefit the average resident of said location. All they wanted in exchange were the mineral, mining, fishing, timber, etc., rights of said location. And they got them. So during that era when they were looking at global expansion, we were fighting unwinnable wars and our "leaders" on the left were yelling at the "leaders" on the right and vice versa, and what happens when all you do is stare and focus on one thing like DC is known to do? The world moves on around you. And that's what happened here.We had the same opportunity to build Africa up and to make the same deals as other countries, but our "nation building" tends to take place via the conversion from something solid and standing to something in pieces and in rubble. So it looks like we'll continue to have to deal with hostile nations holding our feet into the fire and working through their many geopolitical issues just so we can continue to get cheap electronics and necessary materials in our manufacturing just because we decided around 40+ years ago to ship it all overseas because we wanted to save 50 cents on a pack of socks and the CEOs needed their next quarterly statement to look even better to the shareholders so they could increase their pay and bonuses, consequences be damned.
- DweezilSFV I didn't think GM could make a worse looking truck than their full-sizers.Success.
- DweezilSFV GM. Still trying to make OnStar happen.And still the answer to a question no one ever asked.
- Corey Lewis Look, here's the voice warning record player!http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/datsun_810_maxima_voice_box.jpg
- Buickman as Donnie Brosco said... Forget about it.