The tuning world has always had to adapt to changing laws and regulations, but the industry is grappling with tightening emissions regulations that have changed almost everything about how they can do business. Iconic Miata tuner Flyin’ Miata announced it would no longer sell completely converted cars or conversion kits because of the changes, and now eBay has banned the sale of emissions defeat devices.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Lou_BC This article is confusing and the link is to a Dutch language site. Is this legal issue because EU countries have displacement/power limits or taxes based upon displacement/power?
- Lou_BC "GM should put their best engine in every vehicle it will fit in."The "HellCat" strategy. That would be the LT2?
- El scotto I doubt it the only Batmobile built and used for the movie. There are usually duplicates of any car that is the attraction in the movie. How many Elanor's are there? Two? Three? Lots of those duplicates get wrecked, stunts can go wrong. Then again there may be some deviant telling himself: "I sell this Griswold family wagon at Barrett-Jackson and I'm living on the beach!" Except there were four more used in filming.
- El scotto Lemme see, over at the MB dealership, doctors, lawyers, and your run-of-the-mill high-powered executives would kick each other in the shins; except they wouldn't want to scuff their Gucci loafers or mess up the crease of their $1200 slacks, to be allowed to get on the list to buy an AMG Benz. Now over at GM, the Corvette engine is the holy of the holiest. You might be able to buy a Camaro with a Corvette engine but you'll pay what a Corvette costs. Put a Corvette engine in a lowly Silverado? Might as well ask to have deviant sex with a GM VP's U of M attending daughter. And film it too. GM should put their best engine in every vehicle it will fit in. Then send dealers wheelbarrows to haul around the extra cash.
- El scotto Hmmm, lemme think. So this is basically an EU lawyer-fight? Mercedes's bank would put Gringott's to shame? The average MB driver would like to sit around the lounge at the yacht and/or country club and brag how much more it cost them? Gents, it's just a matter of time.