New-to-TTAC reader Kobe writes:
I’ve only begun to read TTAC and your email responses are a great read, so I figured I’d give sending you a question a shot.
Two of my wife’s friends are looking for reliable, used cars. The parameters I’ve been given were $4,000 or less (as she will need to save a little for maintenance repairs I figure), a hatchback (preferably four-door), automatic, front- or all-wheel drive, and decent gas mileage. Her friend has lived around NYC most of her life, so although she has her driving license, she has rarely driven.
Now, I went about scrolling through all the makes and models that are listed on Autotrader and came up with this possible list:
A couple of months ago, Aaron Robinson of Car & Driver wrote an expansive article about Scion.
This quote pretty much summarized his view on the brand.
“I have no doubt that Scion will eventually go the way of Plymouth.”
I’m sure he wasn’t implying that cheap Scions will someday morph their way into becoming Toyota equivalents that offer fake wood trim exterior panels and trombone case red interiors. As a long-time automotive writer and columnist, he was simply reading the proverbial writing on Scion’s firewall that has been ever deeper ingrained into their product line.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- SCE to AUX Not a bad price, but it's a lot of work. At least the ad seems honest about the car.No driveshaft means that someone has to make one due to all the vehicle alterations.
- SPPPP Hmm. Reconnaisance would seem to be well covered by aerial drones. So what's the role then? Actual combat? Would the DOD / CIA deploy robotic "tacticals" to do remote killing?
- SCE to AUX The enemy can sleep soundly.
- IanGTCS Someone else's project is a default no go for me. In saying that it is a good looking car and has been mentioned it shouldn't be the most difficult project to complete. If the auction goes low enough I can see the value for someone in this one.
- ToolGuy "it’s a troubling reversal from the automaker"• Trouble for whom? Doesn't trouble me.