BYD is a massive Chinese company operating in multiple industries, including solar panels, industrial equipment, and autos. Rumors of its imminent arrival in North America have swirled in recent months, and the automaker was expected to mount a strong showing at CES in Las Vegas earlier this month, but nothing materialized.
Tax credits for electric vehicles have never been the easiest to understand, and the changes recently made with the Inflation Reduction Act have caused even more confusion. The legislation rebooted the federal EV tax credit, bringing new requirements on final vehicle assembly and raw materials sourcing. Though at first, it appeared the new rules would exclude EVs from some of the country’s most popular automakers, the IRS released more guidance that seems to leave a small loophole open for hopeful buyers seeking a credit.
Following the passing of the U.S. “ Inflation Reduction Act,” South Korea came to the defense of Hyundai Motor Group to urge America to postpone things until the automaker completed a facility in Georgia intended to manufacture all-electric vehicles. Hyundai chairman Chung Eui-sun had reportedly expressed serious concerns that revamping and renewing the EV credit scheme disproportionately advantaged certain manufacturers – sending the Korea Automotive Industry Alliance into lobbying overdrive.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Slap I've got a red 2019 Alltrack S manual. Chose the S so I wouldn't have to deal with the potential leaks from the panoramic sunroof in the SE and SEL. So far it's been a great car - handles well and carries all of my stuff.
- Arthur Dailey @Jeff, I agree completely. However those who are 'younger' than us and were not driving during that era do not seem to understand how the market viewed different brands or what consumers valued back in the late 1960s and the 1970s.
- FreedMike Paging Corey...
- MeJ Seems like every answer here is "no, I don't use my phone while driving except...this, this, and this."C'mon people. Partially guilty is still guilty. Just put the stupid thing away.And, no, I never use my phone while driving. Half the time I just leave it at home because nothing is as important as we like to think it is.
- BklynPete Oh really? I don't recall the Fiesta and Focus getting recommendations when saddled with that awful DCT. Nor are the last generation Taurus or current Explorer and Escape on their recommended lists.