If you thought high gas prices and a questionable economy meant the era of big SUVs was over, you’d be wrong; 2011 saw large SUV sales in the US grow 3.7% with a 7.4% growth in the luxury SUV segment. If you are one of those people with six-figure salaries and snow-filled school runs, the Cadillac Escalade is probably on your short list. But what about the person who isn’t ready to look “gangsta” while dropping Jimmy Jr. off at softball practice? Infiniti might just have the answer: the all-new, all-enormous QX56. Michael Karesh snagged a QX56 from a dealer back in March 2011, and in December Infiniti tossed me the keys to a 7-seat QX to see what the behemoth is like to live with for a week.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tonycd Bullnuke, I had my own run-ins with Farago, who described himself to me with some accuracy as a southerly bodily orifice. But on balance, that site was a damnsight more interesting than the cost-cut ad vehicle that VerticalScope has turned it into since.
- Cprescott Subaru could make 25 of their Edsels from the sheet metal Ford used to make 1 of their Edsels. That is one hideous vehicle.
- Dukeisduke What about tuning devices which can improve performance while still meeting emissions standards? I'm guessing they've banned those too.
- Dukeisduke I just saw one of these on the road recently, a very clean one. Keep in mind that this grille wasn't only on the B9 Tribeca - the second facelift of the second-gen Impreza also had the Space Snout.
- Mike Beranek "I must assume that the engine and/or transmission failed in some extremely expensive manner."Well, it is a Subaru, so... yup.