Quick, better run out and buy that Type 2 lover in your life some flowers or, ahem, some other plant life. Today, June 2nd, is International Volkswagen Bus Day, according to the National Day Calendar people. Raise a bong in celebration.
VW chose to celebrate by unveiling the three-row version of their all-electric Volkswagen ID. Buzz today in Huntington Beach, California, surrounded by a beachful of classic Microbus brethren. While the two-row ID. Buzz has been available in other countries, we in America are in need of something a bit more substantial, so a proper three-row minivan is what will be offered here.
Word on the street is that General Motors will be discontinuing its existing full-size vans to make way for electrified alternatives. While the gut reaction may be to recoil in disgust at the very premise that Euro vans would dare usurp the rightful place of one of the most venerable working vehicles in North America, it might be worth remembering that the Ford Transit has managed to supplant the Econoline/E-Series rather effectively.
Ford’s commercial vehicle arm has been teasing the upcoming Tourneo Custom EV ahead of its formal debut on May 9th, 2022. Ford Pro is eager to expand its lineup of all-electric light commercial vehicles and has already started production of the E-Transit, making the Euro-focused Tourneo the next model queued to be juiced up.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Analoggrotto Engine shuts down just like the dad-bod Patagonia outdoor clad driver's libido.
- Legacygt Great review. I've only driven one Wilderness model (an Outback provided as a dealer loaner) and I found the handling a little sloppy on-pavement. It's good to hear they managed to give the Crosstrek the Wilderness treatment without hurting the on-pavement experience.And this is the first time I've read a review that dared to criticize Star Tex seats. I find the material interesting and low maintenance and fairly comfortable but I totally agree that it rates very poorly for breathability. It's so bad that I think Subaru should offer it with some sort of ventilated option. 5 minutes on a hot day and you're sitting in a pool of sweat.
- Analoggrotto Too bad they don't sell Kia Telluride, the greatest selling vehicle in it's class over the pond in the UK who burned Washington DC down but that's ok.
- Analoggrotto Kia Telluride never faced such problems and now offers a superior offroad trim for those times where soccerdad needs to go get the white claws from costco.
- Zerofoo There's a joke here somewhere about Tim's used car recommendations, Tassos, and death traps.