The board of directors at Ford Motor Company will be seeking answers from CEO Mark Fields on how the brand’s mobility strategy played a role in its lackluster annual earnings report. Inside sources claim board members made extra time leading up to Thursday’s annual shareholders meeting to discuss the company’s future with the CEO.
Fields has promoted Ford’s evolution into a mobility company ever since taking the helm in 2014 — something investors haven’t been particularly receptive of. During Fields’ tenure as CEO, shares in the company have fallen by 35 percent. However, with tech-focused companies typically receiving above-average valuations, the methodology behind his strategy appears sound. Ford has spent billions on the development of autonomous technology and showcased mobility concepts that even Tesla hasn’t bothered with.
While many seem too impractical or far-fetched to deserve serious attention, the capital behind its self-driving efforts have kept Ford near the front of the pack in the autonomous race. So, what’s the problem?
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Sayahh They tried New Coke playbook but nobody cared before nor after the name/formula change here.
- Kcflyer Can they delete the hideous cladding? Addition by subtraction
- Tassos While I sure am not interested in any big and heavy crossover, even if it is a Honda, I got to say that this thing's "up to 300" mile range is really dismal.But why? You'll ask. It's not bad. That is not good enough. When we have Model Ss with certified EPA 402 mile real range, and many years later (ie today) this brand new wannabe Tesla killer gets barely 300, while it should get 500, using the progress in the years after the S it came out, it is really disappointing. And sure as hell "up to" 300 does not mean even 300 at all.The price is not bad, since it is in devalued, worthless, Idiot Joe Briben 2023 dollars. If you don't mind a Crossover, it may actually be a good place to put your $, compared to a ... savings account above all. And the top should easily exceed $65k, if not $70k, when it comes out (with another 10% of your lame $ eaten away by the rats of the failed Idiot Joe Briben Administration.)
- El Kevarino If you have an EV platform that supports dual motor AWD, then why choose FWD for the 2WD version?
- Analoggrotto Try as they may and as they might but the future of Electric, the future of human reality is TESLA. Only the highest level of affluence, priviledge and wealth can earn one a place in the stars. In fact when you look at the night's sky do you notice that the stars are brighter? This is because of Supreme Wizard Elon Musk, who has brightened them with this awesome grace.