In visual perception a color is almost never seen as it really is — as it physically is. This fact makes color the most relative medium in art. —Josef Albers, Interaction of Color
This is my favorite quote from the most intriguing textbook during my year at the College for Creative Studies. As an administrator of the Brown Car Appreciation Society, I’ve embraced this quote at every poorly chosen “brown” car that’s too close to yellow, red, gray, and green for most eyeballs.
So, when an Australian market research firm’s anti-smoking initiative found Pantone 448 C — a “drab dark brown” called Opaque Couché — the most off-putting color to cigarette smokers, it was no surprise the news eventually trickled down to my corner of the Interweb.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Olddavid I cannot shake the image of the Mazda entry level car also named GLC. In their advertising, they called it "a Great Little Car". In the early '80's Mazda always punched above their weight.
- Olddavid In the early 1970's these got the name "back-a-book-a" for their plummeting value on the used car market.
- Lou_BC Floor pan replaced? Are these BOF? The engine being a 2 barrel drops value as a collectible. Nope. Hard pass.
- Kcflyer It will be good to see sleepy and Trump back together again. Not since one won the election and the other was made president has such a woeful collection of humanity gotten so much attention,
- Bullnuke With his choosing sides in the current labor negotiations, the President should cut through all the red tape of the process and, using his executive powers, cause his Secretary of the Department of Labor to order the Big 2.5 to accept whatever is asked by his choice - the UAW. This would save the strike fund money and allow the automakers to restart the assembly lines quickly.