m koonce writes:
Sajeev – you wanted questions, I have questions! First – I love your column. Great advice, and well written. Now my question(s).
- I have a 2009 Nissan Xterra 4wd, X model, 52k miles, and no problems except door squeaks and rubber molding which wont stay attached but that’s trivial. My question is, when should I have a “tuneup” done – i.e., change the spark plugs. Should I wait until Nissan’s recommended mileage (105k miles I think), or do it sooner? And should I replace all the coils at the same time (I presume the truck has a coil-on-plug ignition setup)? What else should I have done at the same time?
- Re: same vehicle: at 36k miles (May 2013) I did a transmission fluid dump and refill at local dealership, and did the same again at 49k miles in May 2014, again at dealership. My plan is to continue this dump and refill procedure every year for as long as I own the truck. Am I on the right track here? I’ve also had all other fluids replaced, except brake fluid which will be replaced when I have a brake job done.
Thanks for your advice, and keep up the good work.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- EBFlex Weird. I was told there are no ICE bans
- THX1136 Corey: Typo perhaps - "The only area where the 1954 Series 62 and Eldorado shrunk was width: An 80.1-inch height of 1953 was reduced to 79.6 inches in 1954."
- Zach.attach Here in Seattle proper, the drivers tend to be passive or slow-speed aggressive. The scene itself is crazy -- with the complicated intersections, narrow two-way-streets, broken concrete, inlaid track, potholes, bikes, ebikes, rental scooters, all-way stops, etc. But I get the sense that most people want to get along. Based on the news reports -- I-5, the north and south suburbs, and the hours of midnight-6am are the exception.
- El scotto -shuddering- An EV Brit vehicle? What could possibly go wrong?
- El scotto Subway or non-subway city? There is a difference.