That’s the sound of a sad trombone playing.
Dodgy offshore tax havens get a lot of press lately, but what about mass movements of capital to friendlier shores that hide in plain sight? The New York Times has a heartbreaking story today of young Chinese adults in Vancouver, Canada who just can’t figure out what to do with all that cash their fathers earned.
They do know one thing it’s good for: obscene quantities of ultra-high-end cars.
It’s official: Volvo has chosen South Carolina as the home of its first factory in the United States.
The factory will built north of Charleston in Berkeley County, with construction set to begin this fall. Production is expected to begin in 2018, and up to 100,000 units per year are projected to leave South Carolina once operations commence.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- TheEndlessEnigma Where's the Tassos rant?!
- Urlik The best way to crush F1 politics is to be good. Looking at you Red Bull.
- Art_Vandelay Good. As an Alfa fan it will be good to have someone on the grid they might actually be capable of beating!
- Sgeffe The popcorn is blowing the lid off my popper!
- Verbal I believe Michael Andretti's F1 career lasted all of three races. He crashed out of all of them, then quit.