The Meyers Manx has returned, only it isn’t technically a Manx. Volkswagen built it, it’s an EV, and it isn’t actually going on sale anywhere because it’s a concept car. Our apologies to any aged beach bums we just pulled the rug from beneath.
A lot of dune buggies (including the Manx) were adapted from old VW Beetles, but the manufacturer never built any of its own — at least none for public consumption. While we don’t see that changing anytime soon, Volkswagen certainly could move forward with the I.D. Buggy if it thought it profitable. After all, nobody thought we’d see the return of the Microbus, and yet the company is currently readying an all-electric Buzz that draws almost all of its inspiration from that vehicle. We think the Buggy would pair nicely with it, even though it exists far outside the mainstream.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Kwik_Shift Not with a 1.3 4 cyl turbo thats in the Fiat 500X?
- Tassos If this was some Beautiful, REally Luxurious, Flagship GT Coupe, Convertible, or even Sedan, I would objectBut this is nothing but a breadvan on stilts. Who cares? Let Stellaaaa paint it PINK for all I care.
- The Oracle This is a proper juggernaut to hammer down.
- Cprescott $155k for a fancy Tahoe?
- Cprescott Amen for manual transmissions.